What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Saturday night be the night of

Angry_eel

First Grade
The Timmy Smith. I seem to remeber this game last year, Johns said to Smith. "You're the next sterlo are you?" or somthing of that nature. Im sure tim must have remebered it. Will it be the night he says "Thats right Mof**ka , Whooped yo Ass".

I don't know if it will be but i hope it is.

number8

Juniors
I'll just be happy to see him find some consistancy. I'll be super happy if we can prevent Johns from getting any points this week though. Let him break the record elsewhere I say.

It will be a good game whatever the result. I think the boys have plenty of different things to motivate them aside from the much needed competition points.

Is a shame Tahu can't be part of it.

bartman

Immortal
It's more the forward's job to stop Johns, not so much Timmy's. I hope Timmy has a good game anyway, because two in a row this season will might do his confidence some good.

I have fond memories of a few years back at Parra Stadium when we did this very effectively, Joey got really frustrated and they had that camera on him the whole time capturing his facial expressions and mouthings off and putting them on the big screen for all to see.

Big pressure in defence needed from Hindmarsh, Robinson, Morrison and Wagon, as well as the rest of the side trying to slow the play the balls down as much as we can get away with, so Buderus can't give Joey much quick quality ball.

eel4life

Juniors
Couldnt agree with you more Barman, for us to win the game on Saturday is for us to win the forward battle, then that will minimise the damage that johns and bederus can do.

I think the boys are primed for a big performance the past 5 weeks we have been getting better and better, if we can improve 10% on what we did last week we are in for a good game, and with Hindy and Grothe back in the team we will improve.

The Colonel

Immortal
If we win the ruck we win the game. Cut down the effectiveness of Buderus at dummy half and limit the room Joey has to run in. Simple plan but hard to do.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
eel4life said:
Couldnt agree with you more Barman, for us to win the game on Saturday is for us to win the forward battle, then that will minimise the damage that johns and bederus can do.

I think the boys are primed for a big performance the past 5 weeks we have been getting better and better, if we can improve 10% on what we did last week we are in for a good game, and with Hindy and Grothe back in the team we will improve.

I'll have two schooners matey ;-)

James_Hardie

Juniors
It will be a massive test for our centres (who will be a potentially a relatively inexpereinced pair). They have to focus on their opponents and not get caught up in the Johns factor, or they will get caught out. I expect him to work them over.

One thing that will be interesting to watch will be this new attacking kicking style Johns has where he runs to the short side and bombs to the middle. If their chase is broken i can see us causing some damage with McKinnon or Hayne, and particulalry Hayne. his positional play on kicks is excellent.

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
It will be a massive test for our centres (who will be a potentially a relatively inexpereinced pair). They have to focus on their opponents and not get caught up in the Johns factor, or they will get caught out. I expect him to work them over.

One thing that will be interesting to watch will be this new attacking kicking style Johns has where he runs to the short side and bombs to the middle. If their chase is broken i can see us causing some damage with McKinnon or Hayne, and particulalry Hayne. his positional play on kicks is excellent.

I'm perpared to say that if we get away with this one that we're on track for an unlikey top 8 spot. it's definitely a match that Newcastle is expected to win and as shown last week that appears to suit us fine.

James_Hardie

Juniors
As for Timmy, each time the sides have played, a fair bit has been made of Smith v Johns (heir apparent v king). This time it hasn't been talked up, mainly because Tim has been out of form. I have a feeling (hope really) that with a chance to build on his improved effort last week, this is the best opportunity (playing against Johns) for Tim to step up to the mark and deliver a quality performance. I actually think he will do it.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i hope timmy can put a good game together...
however johns will break the record this match, no doubt!

i hope he does it with a ripper of a try in the first few minutes so i can win money of first try scorer :)
then we turn it up and score a few

Stagger eel

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
As for Timmy, each time the sides have played, a fair bit has been made of Smith v Johns (heir apparent v king). This time it hasn't been talked up, mainly because Tim has been out of form. I have a feeling (hope really) that with a chance to build on his improved effort last week, this is the best opportunity (playing against Johns) for Tim to step up to the mark and deliver a quality performance. I actually think he will do it.

yep, i also believe that the lack of media exposure towards this game could benefit him and the team, i hope he goes out there and has a bit of fun because I think that's what's been missing in his game earlier this year.

Prediction: Johns will kick an early penalty to bring himself to within 2 of JT's record.

JT will send an instruction down to Timmy to run the pill more.

Timmy will put a step a Johns causing his knee to shift and buckle under the weight of his big sh*tter.

Johns carted off with career ending injury. JT keeps the record.

Tim did have an ok game against Johns in last years game set up 2 trys from memory...... It's just that Johns was on FIRE in that game. Totally dominated. I remember his kicking that game. It was the best kicking game that I had ever seen for a game. Totally pinned us down. Saying that they won off a forward pass from Johns.

Stagger eel

Staff member
sooperdooper said:
i hope timmy can put a good game together...
however johns will break the record this match, no doubt!

i hope he does it with a ripper of a try in the first few minutes so i can win money of first try scorer :)
then we turn it up and score a few

one things for certain, if Johns doesn't breat the record this week, we win...plain and simple.

but he'll definitely do it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Prediction: Johns will kick an early penalty to bring himself to within 2 of JT's record.

JT will send an instruction down to Timmy to run the pill more.

Timmy will put a step a Johns causing his knee to shift and buckle under the weight of his big sh*tter.

Johns carted off with career ending injury. JT keeps the record.

yo Belly!! that'll be twice in a week that you'll need to change the bed sheets. :lol: