What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will souths make the 8 next year

Will Souths make the 8?

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
if they are injury free majority of the year they are a small glimmer of hope, maybe 1/100 but baring that no a chance in hell IMO

Johns Magic

Referee
They have bought poorly, again.

The way to bring success to a club is not to purchase outside backs(Hegarty) and solid props(Cusack, Logan).

They should have saved that money to buy a hooker or 5/8. They should have got Firman.

m0j0

Bench
Fender said:
They wont make the eight but will be around the bottom half of the ladder.

Umm...yeah... Kinda goes without saying doesn't it? I mean by saying they won't make the eight I think you've pretty much concluded that they would be "around the bottom half of the ladder."

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
Fender wrote:
They wont make the eight but will be around the bottom half of the ladder.

Umm...yeah... Kinda goes without saying doesn't it? I mean by saying they won't make the eight I think you've pretty much concluded that they would be "around the bottom half of the ladder."

mate, better safe than sorry

Paul Hewson

Juniors
Being a Souths fan I would love nothing more for them to make the 8. But sadly reality sets in and although our strongest side looks good, it is the lack of depth that will hurt.

Red Bear

Referee
Johns Magic said:

The way to bring success to a club is not to purchase outside backs(Hegarty) and solid props(Cusack, Logan).

They should have saved that money to buy a hooker or 5/8. They should have got Firman.
I dunno, they have bought alot of juniors and also have good juniors. Cusack will add something up front, Logan is kinda Shit and Hegarty might add some defence to their fringes. Joe Williams is a top half in attack but his defence certainly needs work. They have no 5/8 at the moment. Their backrow is definately good tho, harrison fletcher and Minichello/Rigon. They wont make the 8 next year but will start the gradual climb up the ladder. I predict top 8 in 2007.

Johns Magic

Referee
GoTheBears said:
Johns Magic said:

I dunno, they have bought alot of juniors and also have good juniors. Cusack will add something up front, Logan is kinda sh*t and Hegarty might add some defence to their fringes. Joe Williams is a top half in attack but his defence certainly needs work. They have no 5/8 at the moment. Their backrow is definately good tho, harrison fletcher and Minichello/Rigon. They wont make the 8 next year but will start the gradual climb up the ladder. I predict top 8 in 2007.

Hegarty is woeful in defence.

izzo

Juniors
Stranger said:
izzo said:
Souths have a good side on paper
but its up to them to play consistantly
\

can they though? They only have a few names on paper. Its going to be between Souths Canberra Sharks and Tigers for bottom places.

fletch harrison ben macdoug luke macdoug cusack hegarty williams peter taylor geddes

Stomp

Juniors
I don't think that Souths can make the 8 in 2005.

But, lets hope they can improve .. for the games sake!

Stomp

OVP

Coach
In total honesty, i believe Souths can only make the 8 if they are injury free on their top players and have a bit of luck. If thats the case then i cant see why they cant at least give the 8 a mighty shake. I hope they do, it'd just be MASSIVE for the game.

Stranger

Coach
izzo said:
fletch harrison ben macdoug luke macdoug cusack hegarty williams peter taylor geddes

Yeah you cant tell me with a list like that, their only stars that they will do well. And isnt Adam Macdougall there?

Feltch has been injury prone lately with mad dog. Hegarty has spent a long time on the sideline lately so there isnt much chance of the staying fit is there?

Stomp

Juniors
With a strong off season for Hegarty he could stay injury free, he just has to put in some hard yards in the off-season though.

Stomp

Broncodroid

Juniors
No, and no again.

Souths are definately heading in the right direction and this "rebuilding" will take some time, I think we will see them emerge before the end of the decade given they have good juniors, a CEO in Richardson who gets the job done and a coach who has a track record in turning around struggline clubs.

On the playing roster, the continuing improvement of half Joey Williams is essential though the loss of Paul Stringer is a major blow up front Cusak or not. Unfortunately, I envision a similar record to 2004.