What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will souths make the 8 next year

Will Souths make the 8?

• Total voters

ozboy

Juniors
No chance at all, for me are still favourites for the wooden spoon. Hegarty and Cusack are decent players, but will not improve the poor old rabbits that much. When fit Stringer was a much better prop than cusack. Hegarty showed in the GF how average he is, and i wouldnt have a clue why they signed him. There season will again depend on the form and fitness of Williams, Fletcher, Harrison and Macdougall, who are the Rabbits only real class players.

Red Bear

Referee
ozboy said:
No chance at all, for me are still favourites for the wooden spoon. Hegarty and Cusack are decent players, but will not improve the poor old rabbits that much. When fit Stringer was a much better prop than cusack. Hegarty showed in the GF how average he is, and i wouldnt have a clue why they signed him. There season will again depend on the form and fitness of Williams, Fletcher, Harrison and Macdougall, who are the Rabbits only real class players.
Both Macdougals are all class, Minichello is a very good second rower as well but needs slightly better ball handling at times. Kearny is a good player. They will improve next year but wont make the 8.
And Ashley Harrison should be lock for QLD next year.

Foz

Bench
There is always a surprise or 2 every year.
Its not impossible for any team to make the 8 but I dont like Souths chances.
If the new coach gets them to the 8 he has Coach of The Year wrapped up.

aids

Bench
they have a good team, but since 91 anyteam wearing the green and red seems to suffer.

but the bulldogs whole team and choaching staff, they will under perform.
it's just the mentalty at the moment.

if the guys running the place to the right thing, then team will go well.
but i think they will go just fine next year.
a similar season the what the coyboys had this year.

ozboy

Juniors
GoTheBears said:
ozboy said:
Both Macdougals are all class, Minichello is a very good second rower as well but needs slightly better ball handling at times. Kearny is a good player. They will improve next year but wont make the 8.
And Ashley Harrison should be lock for QLD next year.

I dont know about the younger McDougall, but atleast he has shown he can finish off trys well. Minichiello has some potential, but as you stated is too clumsy in both ball handling and defence. Kearney has talent but has yet to showcase it regularlyt at the top level. As for Harrison, if he continues next year the way he ended this year, he should be in the frame for the QLD 13 jumper.

Stranger

Coach
Both Mac Dougalls are class but unfortunately you will only see one all year as Adam will get inured like he did at newie, 1 star down the drain. Mini is good with ball in hand not a great deal else.

lockyno1

Post Whore
For Souths to make the 8 you have to look at the sides they MAY beat:

Manly- maybe but they have a terrible record against them
Canerra- at home yes, away thats a diiferent story
Sharks- depends on their lineup and how may stars are out
Tigers- well they always seem to win against them so I would say yes
Warriors- depends on form but probally no
Parramatta- maybe 1 out of 2
Roosters- Around Origin time when their stars are out!

But really looking at the other teams you are really tipping upsets and they very rarely happen nowadays! So in all probability, Souths won't make the 8 next year but will improve their position to 9th-14th! :clap:

Latest posts