What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will tahu be as lethal at parra without Gidley

Will tahu be as lethal at parra without Gidley

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

General Knight

Juniors
Wasnt John Morris a hooker? And plus i think Tahu should play in the centres instead of on the wing. When hes playing on the wing he has to hit up more - he gets injured more playing on the wing than he does playing in the centres. And i dont think Growthe can do 'gidley' passes as good as Matt does anyway. So it would render Tahu useless on the Wing.

keeney

First Grade
1 yes he was, but he was a utility at newc
2 no, hes a defensive liability at centre
3 grothe is a winger, i think it was meant a 2 and 5 of tahu and grothe will go well

Doctor

Bench
Tahu has talent -- he just doesn't have fitness.

Unlike most other wingers that have played outside Gidley, Tahu actually has an ability to find the tryline without his inside man. But he will have inevitably become lazy -- depending on his centre to provide opportunities. I wonder whether he might be put in the centres himself.

One thing is for certain: Parramatta will be looking for Tahu to be fit. If he is anything like he was for us, Parramatta will be paying him about $50,000 a match.

macavity

Referee
I will wait and see before passing judgement. He will be playing in a decent team, the only thing that concerns is his defence at centre and his fitness, as previously mentioned. He will no doubt win 2-3 games on his own, but how many tries will he let in, and how many games will he play? Alot may also depend on the 5/8 that Parra play. IF they put Wagon there he might not get too much ball.....

Parra will likely have a stronger team than us next year..... :(

(IF we got Webb instead of Reynoldson I would feel different...)

~bedsy~

First Grade
I think he is a talented player, however it depends on his fitness.
He may do well, he may not... we will just have to wait and see.
Good luck to him.

Timana's girl

Juniors
it's funny how when he was playing with the knights everyone said he was the best winger, talented, can find the tryline.....and now, his fitness is bad, he is injury prone etc etc etc

now, i am not being biast because, well, as u can see i like tahu. however, he isnt my fave anymore because of his decision to leave newcastle (i'm deciding between danny, kidley, gidley, carmont, joey)

anywho, i think he'll go fine (unfourtunatly for us :( )

he is a talented player in his own right. ofcourse he is even better with gids and joey, but so is every player. He doesn't create the play, he finishes it.

and i hope he does get picked for soo and aust cause i am hoping that i havent seen tahu play his last game with gids and joey.

Doctor

Bench
Timana's girl said:
now, i am not being biast because, well, as u can see i like tahu. however, he isnt my fave anymore because of his decision to leave newcastle (i'm deciding between danny, kidley, gidley, carmont, joey)

Given your name, it seems you have a handful of options:

- Follow Tahu to Parramatta (which you've said you're not doing)
- Stay with supporting the Knights, but undergo a name change (can I suggest: "Craig's_girl" or "Anthony's_Girl" ;-) )
- Stay with the Knights, but keep the name just in case Tahu gets sick of Brian Smith, does a Jamie Lyon, and ditches the team..... only to come crawling back to his old club for a cheap price.

What will you do :?:

borat

Bench
Bring it home Knights said:
I find it interesting. So many players after leaving the knights for more money fall away in class and when they are time for there new contract, they can struggle to get decent money like they left newcastle for.

It doesn't seem to be only the players that leave the Knights. Seems like alot of Knights have blinders just prior to securing that lucurative new contract just to then fall away,e.g, Perry, Hughes, Kidley

I think you will find Tahu will be an excellent acquisition for Parra. Mostly because there is a real shortage of quality centres at the moment. He is young, he is quick, he is a rep player, he has everything going for him. I'm sorry to say it but I think the Knights will struggle in the centres next year and Tahu could have been the solution.

I don't beleive that Hughes or Carmont are going to be nearly as effective as Tahu could have been.

Nuffy

Bench
We've tried him in the centres and i just don't think hes a centre.

Lets not kid ourselves, he didn't go to Parra to play centre, he went because the offer was nearly 50% higher than the Knights.

borat

Bench
Nuffy said:

Lets not kid ourselves, he didn't go to Parra to play centre, he went because the offer was nearly 50% higher than the Knights.

I personally think he was worth alot more than what the Knights offered him, and so did Parra. If you compare it to what Reynoldson will be earning, and he is only just establishing himself in Melbourne's run on side.

Part of the reason why he left I would have thought was being an Aust Rep yet being told your 4th priority to be signed behind Johns, Woolnough & Kidley.

I think he should have been a higher priority but who'd want to be administrator having to negotiate with those egos .

Misanthrope

Staff member
The problem with Tahu is, he looks great when he's outside a class centre, and he looks very ordinary without one. He was woeful in the centres for us, and even if he can make it there, it doesn't change the fact he'll need good service to look dangerous.

If Wagon is five eighth, why do Parramatta even hire backs? It never gets that far out.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Nuffy said:
I agree, he doesn't seem to have that great attacking flare in the center's.

Latest posts