What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Taylor resign?

POPEYE

Coach
So when the team wins it's Taylor's coaching nous, the rest of the poor season is the players fault?

Yeah, nah.

Crikey, you're the last person I'd expect to miss the point. Doesn't matter a tuppenny f**k if Taylor was the worst coach in history, I've nfi how good a coach he is nor does anyone else

The only point I'm making is that if Taylor hadn't of lit a fire under Farah's conceited arse the chances are Robbie would have cruised through the rest of a shit season, no fancy offloads, no strutting more than usual and no Frankenstein's Monster fake smiles

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Or perhaps he was following lousy instructions from coach Taylor and finally thought he'd have a go and play his natural game??

Kiwi

First Grade
So Farrah needs to be told to leave before he puts in and Tiger fans want Taylor gone??? Really?

If the Tigers are stupid they will get rid of Taylor, because you know paying your coaches not to coach on a regular basis is better than getting rid of an overpaid player who doesn't perform as he should on it and is toxic off it.

I would say though that this is all being done with the boards blessings and they knew there would be backlash and hopefully for the clubs immediate future they weather it and stick to their guns rather than be Robbies bitch for a further few years.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Or perhaps he was following lousy instructions from coach Taylor and finally thought he'd have a go and play his natural game??[/QUOTE]

You aren't that naïve.
Most obvious 'proving a point' performance ever...
But say you're right, doesn't that mean there's been a point to prove all season?

Has the Robbie Farah situation been poorly handled? Yes it has. It has since previous coaches and management let the players run the Wests Tigers. Where they let Marshall and Farah run coaches out of the joint because they did not like them, regardless of whether they were decent coaches or not.

The current board have inherited a mess, and unfortunately Farah is the one who is symptomatic of it. He rarely plays his best week in week out these days, and he does seem to be one who plays with a lot of hostility which he barely covers up. I think he needs to be moved on which probably will be better for all concerned.

I think the current board will back Taylor cause if they run him out of town, you can kiss your chances of getting anyone half decent to go near the place. My impression is the Tigers board know this.

Tinkler

Juniors
Farah must not be popular with other players....i dont hear support for him

but then Taylor was punched by his own player so his got issues...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Farah must not be popular with other players....i dont hear support for him

Doesn't seem to be popular with the fans either - a whopping 6711 turned up for his final home game....

If, as the news report suggests, Farah ignored the coach at half time, then certainly the right thing is being done here. One big baby who has needed to be moved on for a number of years.

Danish

Referee
Farah is a natural born loser. Tasted success far too early, got completely full of ego, and despite absolutely butchering attacking chances left and right at rep level is still held as untouchable for NSW (much like Gallen).

He is the only player I know of who brings up his own personal stats for games in interviews. I think Tim Sheens drilled it into him. I recall an interview a few years ago now in the Sheenius era when Farah was asked about what he focuses on each game, and he said he gets given targets for tackle count, dummy half runs, kicks in general play etc for a game. He'll then check in on those at half time, and whatever he is down on he'll try and focus on getting up the next half. It was f**king ridiculous to hear a first grader talking like that, and ever since then while watching him I can see it affecting his game every week.

He is not the primary cause of the tigers problems, sure, but he is also not the solution to them either. Whatever the solution, it is going to take a couple years of pain in order for it to take effect. We at the roosters slogged our way through almost a decade of shit (barring a flukish 2010 season) before we got it right, so hopefully the tigers can get their shit together quicker than that. The fans just need to trust that the new board is not going to make the same mistakes as the old, and allow them some slack to do their thing for a couple seasons.