What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Taylor resign?

Incorrect

Coach
There seems to be a host of fans supporting Farah over JT from what I've seen in the comments section on the SMH site etc...

These people need to ask themselves though - why is Farah now finishing his 2nd successive season on non-speaking terms with his coach? Last year Potter, now JT. Is it just bad luck that 2 coaches have ended up being personalities he cannot work with?

While JT is more than likely not the coach that is going to bring long term (or even short term) success to the Tigers, Farah needs/needed to be moved on. It's the best course of action for all involved.

super_coach

First Grade
Easy to get all emotional after putting a number on the Warriors after they clocked off about three weeks ago, but the bottom line the only thing that might save them from the spoon is for and against. If the coach and the captain are on a different page than one must go,the club in its wisdom in the past have sacked the coach and kept the captain...that has not worked

DiegoNT

First Grade
Farah is a natural born loser. Tasted success far too early, got completely full of ego, and despite absolutely butchering attacking chances left and right at rep level is still held as untouchable for NSW (much like Gallen).

He is the only player I know of who brings up his own personal stats for games in interviews. I think Tim Sheens drilled it into him. I recall an interview a few years ago now in the Sheenius era when Farah was asked about what he focuses on each game, and he said he gets given targets for tackle count, dummy half runs, kicks in general play etc for a game. He'll then check in on those at half time, and whatever he is down on he'll try and focus on getting up the next half. It was f**king ridiculous to hear a first grader talking like that, and ever since then while watching him I can see it affecting his game every week.

He is not the primary cause of the tigers problems, sure, but he is also not the solution to them either. Whatever the solution, it is going to take a couple years of pain in order for it to take effect. We at the roosters slogged our way through almost a decade of shit (barring a flukish 2010 season) before we got it right, so hopefully the tigers can get their shit together quicker than that. The fans just need to trust that the new board is not going to make the same mistakes as the old, and allow them some slack to do their thing for a couple seasons.

Holy shit if your true about the stat thing. It's kinds of embarrassing when fans over do it with the stats thing, but to think a first grade player does it is unbelievable. I remember hearing a quote a few year back that sums up stats "stats are like a mini skirt, they show a lot but they vital stuff is still hidden'.
Tigers are in a shit position, I feel their pain because it wasn't that long ago my club was In that position. We were on the shit coach merry go round(ironically enough jason Taylor was one of those coaches) and we were stuck with over paid and/or under achieving players in the place. It could be argued that it took us until the start 2014 with the departures of asotasi and crocker ( decent players but probably over paid) before it was completely out of the system.
There is light at the end of the tunnel

Last edited:

Cloud

Juniors
I support a club who got rid of Wally Lewis and Gene Miles in consecutive years.

Sadly, Tigers fans are happy for The Viper to be running the club into the ground.

Undercover

Juniors
I'm glad the board are in charge and not the fans who just eat up the bullshit served up by the media. The fact is Robbie Farah is not worth the money or baggage he brings to the club. He and his dickhead agent are the ones who played this whole thing out in the media as a f**king powerplay because they knew it'd destabilize Taylor. I hope to f**k that Marina Go and the board don't fall for the parlour trick.

What a f**king shame that we didn't play the Roosters this weekend and get flogged by 50. Truly I mean that.

Robbie Farah might not be worth "that" amount of money but the fact is the Club signed him on for "that" amount therefore he will be paid out regardless of if he stays or goes, so at the end of the day its the Club that fu*ked up!!!!!!