What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The Eels Make the Top 8 in 2012 and why?

Somewhere between 6th and 12th i think, expecting a slow start as combinations gel.
Depends on injuries really, Willie Tonga is injury prone and if he misses a lot of games with Loko out for most of the year then we will be skinny outwide.
Who really knows there are a lot of personel changes so it's very hard to judge.

fanool

Juniors
Yes, because many of our close losses last year will be wins this year and that is all the difference we need to make the 8.

Parraren

Bench
My heart says 5th.

My head says???

At full strength I like the look of our side but I still think we lack either quality or depth particularly at hooker, centre & back-row.

Key players are Hayne, Willie T, Sandow, Reni, Hindy, Mannah & Fui. If they stay fit and fire we'll have a very good year.

strider

Post Whore
"You're"

Your / You’re

Your means “belonging to you”. You’re means “you are”. The simplest way to work out the correct one to use is to read out your sentence. For example, if you say “you’re jeans look nice” expand the apostrophe. The expanded sentence would read “you are jeans look nice” – obviously nonsensical. Remember, in English, the apostrophe often denotes an abbreviation.

tune back in tomorrow and pete will explain the difference between "his" and "he's"

BTW - 5th ... hayne will find his mojo

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Last. the season is already over. Kearney can't coach, Esi is shit. Poore is fat, Burt and Hindy are old and Sandow is overated. I've had enough Calvin Shoddy here i come...........

bartman

Immortal
We should finish somewhere between 6th to 10th.

Why? 6th as there's some hope of finals footy, and 10th as a measure of the minimum improvement we should be seeing from an improved roster.

IFR33K

Coach
Last. the season is already over. Kearney can't coach, Esi is shit. Poore is fat, Burt and Hindy are old and Sandow is overated. I've had enough Calvin Shoddy here i come...........

You jumping ship??????

We will finish 11th, and still claim it to have been an excellent year.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Ill say no we are still a few good second rowers and centre short of a competitive team.

Our back line with Hayne Burt Willie and Sio is good we need that second centre to step up i doubt Morgan or Esi will make the jump up.

Second Row we have Hindy, Reni, Smith and Paulo who i would say are on the mark at this stage Even though Reni is injured He is better then Horo and Lasalo.

So in all that muddle i am saying i cant find a competitive 17 out of the 25 players we have..

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You jumping ship??????
Yep, been a RL supporter all my life but after see Izzy Falou fumble a ball and listening to a visionary like Calvin Shoddy i am now a fully Fledged GWS fan. Bawwwwwwwwlllllllllll!!!!!!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ill say no we are still a few good second rowers and centre short of a competitive team.

Every team in the NRL is competitive. Can you honestly say there's a single team in the game that is no chance of making the eight?

On the other side of the coin, you're overestimating most of the opposition.

There's about three teams who are top 8 certainties and then there's everybody else bunched in the middle. Sure eight teams are going to have to miss the finals, but those will probably come down to bad luck with injuries.

I reckon the gap between 5th and 12th will only be a couple of games this year.

Latest posts