What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The Eels Make the Top 8 in 2012 and why?

Eels Dude

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if 2 teams out of the 16 play in a grand final but only one of them will win the premiership.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Every team in the NRL is competitive. Can you honestly say there's a single team in the game that is no chance of making the eight?

On the other side of the coin, you're overestimating most of the opposition.

There's about three teams who are top 8 certainties and then there's everybody else bunched in the middle. Sure eight teams are going to have to miss the finals, but those will probably come down to bad luck with injuries.

I reckon the gap between 5th and 12th will only be a couple of games this year.

Ok i should have said competitive to the top 3 then..

Yes the gap between 5th to 12th will be a few games but we wont be in that group of teams..

I wouldn't be surprised if 2 teams out of the 16 play in a grand final but only one of them will win the premiership.

Post of the year everyone!!!!! Sometimes I think we are lucky to have such insightful smart people on this forum. Blessed are we!!

ParraSteve

Juniors
We can make the 8, but we need to start on fire. Our starts to seasons have been dreadful for awhile now and we end up playing catch up for most of the year.

Eels Dude

Coach
I think in order to make the finals we need to win more games than at least 8 other sides. I also think we won't make the finals if 8 more or more sides win more games than us. I also think if we are to win games then we need to score more points more than our opposition in those particular games. I don't think we'll win many games scoring less points than our opponents.

boxhead

First Grade
Thank you Captain Obvious.
Now, wait while I grab General Grievance, Admiral Bone-To-Pick, and Commander Nefarious.

annieel

Juniors
They are my team and have been for 41 years. They make me proud, they make me cry. I have faith every year that my beloved EELS will do well. Play hard, never give up. Please be fit to last the 80 mins. Be a team.

annieel

Juniors
If they want to they will. They have the players to do so. I think they can be like the rabbitohs abit lazy. I have been an Eels fan for 41 years and love them so much. They have made me cry so many times out of happiness and sadness. Play hard boys, never give up and be as fit as you can possibily be. Be a team. Good ingredients to a grandfinal winning team. Love my EELS.....

annieel

Juniors
I hope we do well. We have some new faces. They will have to get used to eachother. Ive been saying for a long time. 2013 is ours. HAHA Also the car rego sticker for 2013 is blue an yellow. An omen.

Eels Dude

Coach
I hope we do well. We have some new faces. They will have to get used to eachother. Ive been saying for a long time. 2013 is ours. HAHA Also the car rego sticker for 2013 is blue an yellow. An omen.

Just our luck. The world's destined to end in 2012 when we're destined to win a premiership in 2013.

Bigfella

Coach
Annie sounds like a classic victim of what we all suffer from.

The car rego theory appeals strongly to me.

TheParraboy

Staff member
We can make the 8, but we need to start on fire. Our starts to seasons have been dreadful for awhile now and we end up playing catch up for most of the year.

Burn Parra stadium before we win the title ? pure genius

lets do it

Latest posts