What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will The Eels Make the Top 8 in 2012 and why?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Add Canberra and Easts to that list.

Which means we have the remaining 10 teams battling it out for the top 8. Hardly a difficult task.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Nah none of those 6 teams will make the top 8.

I will dig up this thread in August to remind you how accurate my prediction was.

Last. the season is already over. Kearney can't coach, Esi is shit. Poore is fat, Burt and Hindy are old and Sandow is overated. I've had enough Calvin Shoddy here i come...........

Yep, been a RL supporter all my life but after see Izzy Falou fumble a ball and listening to a visionary like Calvin Shoddy i am now a fully Fledged GWS fan. Bawwwwwwwwlllllllllll!!!!!!!

let me get this straight you dont think the eels will make the finals so you are ditching us for the GIANTS?? a team that hasn't even played a single game yet? jumping to afl is bad enough but ffs follow a team that has a chance of winning

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Ok so the 6 teams with no hope are

Penrith
Titans
Sharks
Canberra
Easts
Souths

And you are probably right that one of these teams will somehow make the top 8. That leaves the remaining 10 teams battling it out for 7 spots. Most will make it.

strider

Post Whore
where do parra sit ME? ... one of hte 7 that will make it or one of the 3 that will miss out?

Souffs will definitely make it. They ran pretty close last year but got raped by injuries.

They have lost Sandow but i think having a full season of Asotasi and Burgess plus a fitter Inglis will probably overcome the loss.

drago brelli

Bench
I don't think Parra will make the top 8. I think Easts and Souths will. Even though Souths lost to the Dragons in the Charity Shield they looked imposing. If he can remain injury free this year Sam Burgess will prove to be the best English forward to come to Aust.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Souffs will definitely make it. They ran pretty close last year but got raped by injuries.

They have lost Sandow but i think having a full season of Asotasi and Burgess plus a fitter Inglis will probably overcome the loss.

Ok Souths can be the 1 out of that 6 to make it I suppose. Although I'm not convinced, they never make it.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't think Parra will make the top 8. I think Easts and Souths will. Even though Souths lost to the Dragons in the Charity Shield they looked imposing. If he can remain injury free this year Sam Burgess will prove to be the best English forward to come to Aust.

Very imposing against the Dragons doesn't mean much. The Dragons probably won't make the 8 either. They very nearly made my list of 6 no-hopers. If I expanded my list to 7 they'd be in it.

eels81236

Bench
I misjudged the number of no hopers. I've changed my mind. Less than half the teams will make it.

drago brelli

Bench
I was of the same opinion but after watching them last night I think they will carry on where Bennett left off. There is still a lot of very good support people to help Price, eg; Scott Campbell and Steve Folkes. The Dragons looked very fit and mobile. Latimore was a revelation. Granted it was really a trial. If they suffer big injuries they will not rebound easily.

Ok Souths can be the 1 out of that 6 to make it I suppose. Although I'm not convinced, they never make it.

Pretty much. The only thing that will stop Souths from making it is the fact that they are Souths.

With the resources they have they should really be competing for the title but they're just so perennially poor that they don't/won't.

Eels Dude

Coach
Relying on a rookie halfback is a risk especially if your 5'8th is John Sutton. Souths have a great forward pack and great backline but if this Reynolds kid doesn't step up they'll be among the also rans again.

That's probably why they were/are so bitter about Sandow leaving.

All they were waiting for was him to become competent and the second he does he leaves.

They seem to think this new kid will be the new Daly Cherry-Evans. Frankly i reckon he will be the new Grant Rovelli.

Eels Dude

Coach
Everyone hopes there new halfback will be a rookie to step up like Cherry-Evans. But for every Cherry-Evans there's three Grant Rovelli's or Daniel Mortimors. They need a pretty special halfback if they continue to play a backrower in the 5'8th position.

Latest posts