What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the team recover

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
In time for next year? What I mean is will they feel motivated enough to go through the whole of next year with tthis loss in the back of their minds? Honestly, how will the coaching staff get them mentally prepared for next year?
We are all cut after yesterdays loss, how do you think the boys will feel? Do you think their competitive edge will make them strive for a better result next year or will we fumble and stumble our way through the season??

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
Brian's last yr!
Honestly....it will be our year!
Most of us at the start of the yr said that the 06 season is a more likely GF outcome.
I seriously think that players like Hindy and Caylo knowing it could be Smiths last chance for a GF will do everything they can to win it!

strider

Post Whore
Well I think if the club as a whole (board, members, coaches, players, SUPPORTERS) remains strong and maybe gives some credit for getting somewhere this year - then we can at least see it as a year to build on and get some motivation to go better next year....I mean we came from 11th to 1st in the regular season - if thats not something to build on then we may as well just give up now.

However, if we start sniping and don't put this behind us and get the f**k on with things, then yeah it'll be a nagging annoyance and probably bring things crashing down!

Eelectrica

Referee
Hard to say. Next year will present a whole new set of challenges.
We might not have the same luck with injuries. I do think we'll make the finals next year though so as long as we finish top 4 we are a big chance I believe.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
As long as T.Smith is there we are in with a chance......he is so important to this team its not funny!
He will be a Johns for our team in the next few years!

Utey

Coach
Prodigal Eel said:
As long as T.Smith is there we are in with a chance......he is so important to this team its not funny!
He will be a Johns for our team in the next few years!

Totally agree, now we can see why Smith was hooked most games after 70 min's. We looked lost with PJ at the helm.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Just like 2002, we will crumble. Timmy will get 2nd year syndrome, and be targeted week in, week out, more so than this year.

If we couldnt win it this year, we dont stand a hope in hell next year.

Personally, I have written them off already. We will just go through the motions until we are put in a situation where we need to win a big game, then simply roll over and concede.

What happened yesterday was disgraceful, and i hope we never sink that low again. That was worse than 2001 GF, at least we had a go in the 2nd half, yesterday was abysmal, i couldnt even watch for the last 30 minutes.

Utey

Coach
_mUSASHI_ said:
Just like 2002, we will crumble. Timmy will get 2nd year syndrome, and be targeted week in, week out, more so than this year.

If we couldnt win it this year, we dont stand a hope in hell next year.

Personally, I have written them off already. We will just go through the motions until we are put in a situation where we need to win a big game, then simply roll over and concede.

What happened yesterday was disgraceful, and i hope we never sink that low again. That was worse than 2001 GF, at least we had a go in the 2nd half, yesterday was abysmal, i couldnt even watch for the last 30 minutes.

Your a deadset idiot, someone who comes in here just when we lose. Grow a brain mate.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
What seriously make u think that!
If our fowards go foward like they did for most of this year we ill be a powerhouse!
One thing that brian needs to do is whoever the lock is, he needs to protect T.Smith....i swear, i wish we had Carroll....he would be perfect!

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
Your a deadset idiot, someone who comes in here just when we lose. Grow a brain mate.

I have a brain, its the peanut inside my head. And i come on here everyday moron.

And we didnt just lose, we were F*&%in HUMILIATED!!!!

strider

Post Whore
_mUSASHI_ said:
I have a brain, its the peanut inside my head. And i come on here everyday moron.

And we didnt just lose, we were F*&%in HUMILIATED!!!!

Great - so rub in in some more - give all the trolls some more ammo to get stuck into our club over

there's the spirit....fan-f**king-tastic.....maybe email the club and tell them all how much you think they suck - that'll get em going eh!

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
strider said:
Great - so rub in in some more - give all the trolls some more ammo to get stuck into our club over

there's the spirit....fan-f**king-tastic.....maybe email the club and tell them all how much you think they suck - that'll get em going eh!

I will go one better.

Today i mailed a choker chain to the Club. With a note.

Parramatta Eels. Chokers 1998,1999,2001,2005.

They can put it next to the J.J Gilitan Shield.

strider

Post Whore
_mUSASHI_ said:
I will go one better.

wow - we must all aspire to be like you....you are so f**king cool

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
_mUSASHI_ said:
I will go one better.

I'm sure the players appreciate your support

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
strider said:
wow - we must all aspire to be like you....you are so f**king cool

Never said I was cool. Never said I wanted peaople to aspire to be like me.

Fact is we were humiliated. Fact is our build up to the game was not ideal.
Fact is Brian Smith cannot win a premiership. Fact is we had the best attacking record all year, but could not buy a point.

FACT IS, THE SEASON IS OVER.

eelsta

Bench
_mUSASHI_ said:
I will go one better.

i can think of something else you could do with that choker chain

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Twizzle said:
I'm sure the players appreciate your support

Well, maybe next year, when they have the opportunity to win a premiership, they might think about it, and drive them to perform better than the circus act i witnessed yesterday.

Latest posts