What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

will we make the 8?

will we make the 8?

• Total voters
mounting injuries, poor for and against, teams breathing down our neck

add to that the fact we are the worst attacking side in the 8 and second worst defensive side

I just don't see us getting there this year, would be a very disappointing campaign if we don't

oh and the asada interviews are about to start up again!

Inferno

Coach
I say no. I suspect the injuries are going to be too much to overcome and we don't have a favourable run home.

Quigs

Immortal
Eight schmate.

If we get there it will be good for the bank ballance only.

No outside backs.... no chance.

Card Shark

Immortal
don't have a favourable run home.

I disagree with that. Couple of hard games but who doesn't.

Importantly more home games than away & only 1 against the big 4.

Spose it doesn't matter who we play, if we play heartless like last night, we won't beat em anyway.

Feej

First Grade
Injuries + ASADA + no backs = missing out. Even if we happen to scrape in, I reckon' we'll be out on our arse in week 1 of the finals.

shaggs

Coach
I think we will. In 6th.

If we play like the past month, out the back door, but it's a different kettle of fish. Anything can happen and usually does.

I don't care either way. Footy is becoming a boring obsession. It's all so robotic.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
We'll make it, last night we were rubbish, but we played against one of the best sides in the comp with half of our team sitting on the sidelines.

Our draw isnt that bad, Warriors, Rooster and Raiders will be tough, but if we cant win at least 4 of our remaining games then whats the point of making the finals anyway. We'll get Robbo and Graham back next week then probably Gal Toops and Lewey and Ryan the week or two after that. No excuses.

Inferno

Coach
I disagree with that. Couple of hard games but who doesn't.

Importantly more home games than away & only 1 against the big 4.

Spose it doesn't matter who we play, if we play heartless like last night, we won't beat em anyway.

We've got the Warriors over in NZ who are in decent form

Raiders in Canberra also in decent form

Roosters again

I think they're all losses.

Knights, Cowboys and Panthers are 50/50 games

Dragons should be a win, but that's at Win.

DJShaksta

First Grade
We should make the 8.
Sell a few Sharks 2013 Finals series tshirts and be bundled out week 1.

We just don't have the 2-5 to crack the big time.
Feki is solid
Ryan is above average.
J.Wright is solid
Pomm/Mills are a laughing stock.

Last edited:

fizman

Bench
We will NOT make the 8 because we cannot win away from home consistently enough. My prediction is that we will not beat the Warriors, Dragons or Raiders AWAY.

We will be better at home, but I suspect we will lose a game or two against the Panthers, Knights, Roosters and Cowboys.

For and Against will be the killer for our season.

I am also now certain that Flanno isn't the Coach with the ability to take the club to the next level.

Quigs

Immortal
You know as a supporter of this club for four plus decades I am absolutely sick to death of hearing about our coaches.

I couldn't be bothered listing the coaches we have had over time but let me assure you during our existence we have had the cream of coaching in our ranks. Yes we had a lot of duds but geeze we had a lot of good ones too. Most went on to win comps with other clubs.

Just win a farkkkerr soon so I can escape to another chapter in my life.

webShark

Dragons should be a win, but that's at Win.

They towelled us at Shark Park so this is no given. How much worse is missing the 8 than losing easily in the finals? We cannot possibly win from 8th so don't care too much. No home finals games anymore, so voted 'don't care'. Making the 8 implies to many we have had a good year.

Card Shark

Immortal
We just don't have the 2-5 to crack the big time.
Feki is solid
Ryan is above average.
J.Wright is solid
Pomm/Mills are a laughing stock.

This is sadly true.

Solid is a another way to say "not good enough". Nothing against Feki but he is not the athletic winger the big teams have.

Frailty

First Grade
It will be a monumental failure to not make the finals after the recruiment in the off season.

Improve squad - fall lower on the ladder. Something would have gone horribly wrong.

Latest posts