What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will You Give Credit To This Years Premiers?

Somebody cheats on exam, has an added advantage........ Do you give credit to the next person down as the best achiever.

Ofcourse...... No difference here.

Iafeta

Referee
Yes. We had to endure people saying that it would have been a Bulldogs-Roosters Grand Final in 2002, although we finished minor premiers and had knocked over the Bulldogs at Ericsson only a few weeks before everything hit the fan. As a Warriors fan, I found the whole series of comments in that respect distasteful. They were a bloody good team that year, bloody good. They had carved up a lot of good clubs.

I won't be knocking fans of the club that win the comp this year, they deserve better than for it to be tainted. The only club that is tainted is Melbourne, not the winners.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
People will give them credit of course. However it will be used in sledging especially if the Saints or Sharks were to win it.

Manly fLIP

Juniors
The real question is would you be happy if melbourne were allowed to play and won the comp?

As for premiers, yes they will be the best team playing by the rules. Would you award a 100m olympic gold medal to someone who started from the 80 meter line and think it was unfair second place was concidered the best?

Ulysseus

Bench
I would say overtime people would begin to think "oh XYZ team won it because Melbourne were out of it!" whether this holds any weight in the future or not is another thing.
Then again Melbourne wont win it because they couldn't bring themselves to play within the rules.
If Saints win it and a Roosters fan says it to me, I'll laugh/
If Saints win and a fan of an ARL aligned team says it to me, I'll explain the situation in simple terms.
If Satins win and a fan of a super league aligned club says it to me I'll tell them to f**k off.
If Saints win and a Melbourne supporter says something to me I'll smack them so hard in the f**king teeth they'll wake up thinking they tried to eat steel.
If Saints don't win then it isn't any of my concern, but I'll applaud whoever does win it and give them full credit, as long as its not Cronulla.

Yes, except if its the Roosters or the Titans - they're probably just as bad as the Storm just not caught yet.

The Broncos and Eagles I'm sure have done it in the past but I don't think they are right now.

Mate, don't do jury duty because you clearly don't need evidence to convict some poor cutie.

_Johnsy

Referee
Ive channged my mind slightly. If the Dragons win I'll remind them its a claytons title.

2007 & 2009 were claytons wins if I have ever seen one. Winning by cheating, how fulfilling that must be.

Noa

First Grade
Johnsy, just make sure you keep that title clean for us if you win it. You may want to dust your trophy cabinet and clear away the cob-webs.

Be back to get it when we return from holiday.

_Johnsy

Referee
Johnsy, just make sure you keep that title clean for us if you win it. You may want to dust your trophy cabinet and clear away the cob-webs.

Be back to get it when we return from holiday.

Long, long way to go yet before we even start thinking of finals footy.

Lets wait and see the lineup that takes the field for you guys in 2011. I'll be making the trek down to melbourne to see us play in AAMI stadium, it looks the goods.

Latest posts