What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Williams escapes punishment

Pando

Juniors
I'm pretty sure he was charged for drink driving. Nice to see you as irrelevant as ever......

Moffo

Referee
Willow said:
Reports say no one was charged this round Pando.Moffo, surely you know that's rubbish. Plenty of dangerous tackles get cited and charged. They don't have to land on their head to make it so. The MRC are notoriously inconsistent in this regard.

ok, so what makes it dangerous

a) hand between the legs
b) what part of the defender lands on the ground first
c) the injury suffered

for mine willow, and i watch a fair bit of footy, i quite often see hands going in between the legs. But this quite often brings no punishment

Now for mine, SBW's tackle did not result in an injury and he landed on his back

So, its inconsistent, as you say. But for mine, SBW was let off in the same way that many others have been this year.

Father Ted

First Grade
Maybe we need a clearer definition from the NRL , But SBW must have sailed very close to the wind .

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Oh boy is this a typical thread of the big sooks otherwise known as Dragons fans.

Said fans having a cry about the only thing they can take out of Friday night's game - because they certainly can't take a result out of it.

Cry me a river Dragons. He would've been back for our next victory over you anyway, get over it. We could beat you with our hands tied behind our backs.

Father Ted

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Oh boy is this a typical thread of the big sooks otherwise known as Dragons fans.

Said fans having a cry about the only thing they can take out of Friday night's game - because they certainly can't take a result out of it.

Cry me a river Dragons. He would've been back for our next victory over you anyway, get over it. We could beat you with our hands tied behind our backs.

I bet I can guess what you normally beat .

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Father Ted said:
I bet I can guess what you normally beat .

Unfortunately I can not reveal, as there are forum rules about posting about other member's families.

Very clever comment, though. Insightful!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Moffo said:
ok, so what makes it dangerous

a) hand between the legs
b) what part of the defender lands on the ground first
c) the injury suffered

for mine willow, and i watch a fair bit of footy, i quite often see hands going in between the legs. But this quite often brings no punishment

Now for mine, SBW's tackle did not result in an injury and he landed on his back

So, its inconsistent, as you say. But for mine, SBW was let off in the same way that many others have been this year.
And many other have been charged. You're still missing the point.

It is dangerous because it is above the horizontal. A lifting tackle made worse by the hand between the legs. The NRL were supposed to be cracking down on these lifting tackles. For a while they did, then they stopped, then they are again, or are they? Inconsistent... that being the point of the thread.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
bigdogsgottaeat said:

Stupid bloody trolls. Sometimes its impossible to avoid the infestation.

I just knew it was a big ask to discuss this, and that some brain dead tool would wander in. But I did it anyway. I even waited a few days after the match to sidestep the tanked up pests who were instutionalised long enough to get a primary school education.

Heads up genius, I started a thread asking for opinions on a tackle, in the Dragons forum. I didnt troll into the Bulldogs forum with it. Now get hold of the discussion or piss off. Idiot.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
And many other have been charged. You're still missing the point.

It is dangerous because it is above the horizontal. A lifting tackle made worse by the hand between the legs. The NRL were supposed to be cracking down on these lifting tackles. For a while they did, then they stopped, then they are again, or are they? Inconsistent... that being the point of the thread.

I think they play favourites and have done so for years

the MRC really needs to be looked at

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They're not having a good year.

In my opinion, they improved for a little while after Jim Hall was sacked for being too inconsistent. But it didnt take long for them to slip back.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
They're not having a good year.

In my opinion, they improved for a little while after Jim Hall was sacked for being too inconsistent. But it didnt take long for them to slip back.

Jim hall was never part of the MRC that watched games and decided on who was charged though, was he?

The Preacher

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:

If the video referee would've penalised O'Meley for his obstruction, as the league has stated he should've been then maybe your result is out the window, Bigdog, you troll.
icon8.gif