What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason, New York Jets

ocko

juniors
big bulldogs fan and also a big nfl fan, so this is a topic of fair interest to me :D

don't think willie would be good enough for the nfl.

it takes more than just size to be a good offensive or defensive lineman. you gotta have quickness to get off the ball fast, and o-lineman increasingly need to be athletic these days- quick feet are required for pass blocking, and good movement skills are required in the running game for zone schemes, cut blocks, sweeps and traps.

mattyg

Bench
ocko said:
big bulldogs fan and also a big nfl fan, so this is a topic of fair interest to me :D

don't think willie would be good enough for the nfl.

it takes more than just size to be a good offensive or defensive lineman. you gotta have quickness to get off the ball fast, and o-lineman increasingly need to be athletic these days- quick feet are required for pass blocking, and good movement skills are required in the running game for zone schemes, cut blocks, sweeps and traps.

Yeah same...he wouldn't even know the rules, while there are 1000's of graduates and stuff who have been playing NFL for most of there life. The jets have obviously realised Willie's talent, and given him a trial...so hopefully for us, that is as far as it goes...

Good luck to him,I hope he goes there and makes something of himself as he is a true Aussie that wont give up and a genuine bloke.
He'd make an awesome player in the line especially with padding he'll show a lot more heart than people think.
on ya mate GO FOR IT!!

aqua_duck

Coach
mattyg said:
Yeah same...he wouldn't even know the rules, while there are 1000's of graduates and stuff who have been playing NFL for most of there life.
Exactly and when you consider the athleticism that seems to come naturally to African Americans, its a long road ahead for anyone who's athletic but hasn't played the game before

aqua_duck

Coach
Ron Jeremy said:
I thought Mason would be a great Tight end? He's mobile, tall and reasonably quick.
but there's probably dozens of guys like him in the US who have experience.

NPK

Bench
Willie is too talented for NFL.
Think about it, he can run AND tackle ;-)

gruebz

Juniors
i cant even think what position willie would play. his body shape suggest tight end but he wouldnt have the hands for that. i could probably think of about 20 nrl players who would be more suited to the nfl

Ron Jeremy

Coach
aqua_duck said:
but there's probably dozens of guys like him in the US who have experience.

Well? they would eventually retire.

I reckon he'd make an ideal tight end, or even full back or even worse........a big runing back;-)

Defensive end?

Latest posts