What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
repeat after me..

"wendell, grab his head and hold it under water. wait till the bubbles stop.."

0,,5762761,00.jpg

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If you want to see the Dragons win a wooden spoon then they should go for him. 100% strike rate, 2 clubs 2 wooden sppons.

vista

Juniors
Spartan - Dragon. My thoughts exactly. don't get me wrong, the guy is a wanker - but bennett may be able to do something with him

big pat

Coach
thats a big ask even for bennett, anyway i think he would be too expensive for most teams.

vista

Juniors
Rorters are giving 100K to walk away. give him 50K for 2010 and see how he goes.
he can always go back to shellharbour if it fails

Goddo

Bench
NO NO NO NO NO.

If you want a wooden spoon and a club culture like the old Dogs, Roosters or Sharks take him if not NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

boxa777

Coach
For 50 to 100k I would sign him.. This is purely based on what Bennett can conjure up with these types of 'problem' players.

Paea only played a handful of games for us this season and a lot of people were blowing his trumpet deluxe but I agree we do need a power runner in the backrow like Paea and Mason can provide some of that.

For me it's worth the gamble as long as Bennett is coach.

watatank

Coach
He's a good player and would be a great backrower/impact forward but

i) asking price may be too high
ii) he comes across as a bit of a wanker so could be a bad influence on some of the boys off field

nrlnrl

First Grade
Like all players these days, you need to consider the on & off field impact, but especially with players who have a track record. I'd rather see them spend the money retaining emerging players from the Toyota Cup squad.

Last edited:

Slackboy72

Coach
The questions for me are:
a) How much? If he wants a stars wage then he won't be coming here.
b) Attitude? Bennett doesn't want superstar players with bad attitudes. If Mason has performed poorly or sub-standard it is usually while he has been injured so I suspect attitude and effort won't be a problem. The whole game throwing scandal is one that may taint him though as there were rumours that he was one of the ones responsible (if such game throwing actions actually happened).

Personally the fact that he's always on the turps and urinating in public says no to me.