What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

sandshark

Bench
We'd throw willy a bone too.

Not really fussed about another prop for 2016 it will probably take us half a season to get the new interchange rules mastered anyway but 2017 and beyond we need some (young) fit big fellas around.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Sadly I have seen him play. Even in first grade where he made me miss Don Tweedle. Please tell me what attributes he has of a first grader? Is it his fitness when he gasses after 5 minutes? Is it his ability to drop the ball? Is it his slow lateral movement?

His wife searches his name on Twitter and responds to criticism of him. I didn't know she signed up to LU. Welcome

Lol

It's a sad state of affairs when certain posters can't handle criticism

webShark

Roqica. What a slug. Really adds nothing at all to our squad except some jokes in the dressing room. Incredibly nice guy, but come on, not a nrl player.

A lot of truth in the above, except about the jokes.

Junior is almost too nice. Doesn't possess mongrel. That cannot be trained. Loots is similar. Lacks self belief and confidence. That also cannot be trained. Feki too, IMO.

Shame but nice guys don't always succeed. Champion blokes, but won't win you a comp.

Spoke to Loots once when he fended off SBW and scored. He was very shy about it and almost reluctant to discuss. Barely raised his confidence.

Still rather have him and Junior at the club than the Fifita's. Particularly Andrew brings trouble and gives the impression it is all a joke to him. Doubt he will pull his head in.

The Junior debate is senseless. Not seen as an NRL player. Played when about 12 injured. See who gets a run for the cowboys with 12 out. No club has massive depth.

Loots is different. With confidence an NRL player. Without it probably not. Lining up in the centres with 2 try Beale hardly helps. Might have been OK paired with Roberts or Walker.

sharktastic

Juniors
[/B]

Sad but true.. Attitude is everything.. that is a right Attitude, and Willie ain't the answer, he talks a good game but :crazy: :crazy:

And the same goes for Fafita :crazy:, Its time he stopped being a BOOF HEAD ,grew up and got on with being a professional footballer.

If he doesn't tell him to bugger off :shock:

Stake Removed

First Grade
Just a thought, with all the heat towards Junior and knowing next year that with less interchanges, would it not be better for the club now and then to maybe give the youngster Magoulias a run on the bench.

Thinking this more 2nd half of season with looking forward to future, maybe give youth a chance in depth over player like Junior

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Just a thought, with all the heat towards Junior and knowing next year that with less interchanges, would it not be better for the club now and then to maybe give the youngster Magoulias a run on the bench.

Thinking this more 2nd half of season with looking forward to future, maybe give youth a chance in depth over player like Junior

Mate I have a lot of praise for Billy boy but let's be fair dinkum, the kid only finished playing SG Ball this season. 2018 is when I'd be considering that

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Mate I have a lot of praise for Billy boy but let's be fair dinkum, the kid only finished playing SG Ball this season. 2018 is when I'd be considering that
Realise its a massive jump from ball to grade but sometimes you need to take that sort of chance Snoop. Having said that- will Flemmo do it ?? ....Hell no. Probably hasn't been done at the sharks since Jack? gave Ritto a shot at 17?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
doubt many coaches would stick a 17 yr old in the forwards these days.

No - agree with that Carch.....think it might have been Artie that blooded Ritson. Billy will be 19 next month. Trobovich looks promising for Manly at prop after debuting at 19 before missing the following season through injury. Not a shark thing to do to take a punt on youth though. Bird and Val are the exceptions (both debuting at 19) but as you said....not in the pigs

Stake Removed

First Grade

Point taken Snoop, maybe overboard on Billy but even someone like Moraitis we need to see whether he is up to 1st grade, as we know what we have in Junior

Weaponhead

Coach
I doubt Maraitis ever plays first grade. Have seen no NRL quality in him. Magoulias has the skills to be an effective NRL player if he can develop the required athleticism. Natural ballplaying forwards are rare.

Stake Removed

First Grade
So if we need someone like junior on the bench is it better to go with unknown in Moratis or Magoulis or stick with Junior.

If you dont try the young guy we wont know whether they are any good till we are desperate with injuries then we get caught

Latest posts