What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason's future

Where will Willie Mason play his first game of professional sport in 2010?

• Roosters

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Newtown (Roosters feeder)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • ESL

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other NRL club

Votes: 39 40.6%
  • Super 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • European Rugby Union

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Japanese Rugby Union

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Lower tier rugby league / rugby union

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • different code / sport

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Year off / retirement

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

beave

Coach
Bullsh*t. Prove it or delete it.

I could say that because Mitchell Sergeant was busted taking drugs whilst at the Cowboys that the whole club is taking the gear and will be a negative place for Willie to go to. Same baseless argument.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/02/03/112295_cowboys.html
Out of favour at Bondi but still contracted for one more year on $400,000, Mason is understood to be chasing redemption not cash.

The Knights would be a perfect fit for the hulking forward given that Danny Wicks voluntarily cut ties with the club in December after being charged with eight drug offences.

COWBOYS IN NO RUSH FOR MASON
BOLTON PRIMED FOR BIG SEASON
MORE COWBOYS NEWS

It is also understood a second Newcastle player is under investigation and could be implicated in the near future.

Nice job on looking like a f#$kwit champ :lol:

and for the record, we cut Sargent because he tested positive and then Newcastle picked him up you spastic.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Oh...so because it is in "the media" it must be fact?

There is either some evidence that this is correct or not. I still haven't seen any...

I merely stated there is $hit being said in the media, I wouldn't have a clue if it's true or not but regardless it's negative attention, calm down, no one is bagging the knights.

You would think the last thing Mason would want is to walk into a potential $hit storm, whilst we haven't been the most stable club of recent, we have kept out of the spotlight of late with regards to poor off field behaviour and so forth, it may or may not have a bearing on his decision.

Last edited:

Alex28

Coach
Yes...I know that the media has reported it...but there is no evidence that the police has revealed that proves it. It is mere speculation - nothing more, nothing less. If that is the best that you have to support the basis of Mason going to the Cowboys over the Knights you have nothing...

Oh...and Mitch took the gear on your watch - not ours. Who knows who else is on the gear up there? Could be anyone!

beave

Coach
Yes...I know that the media has reported it...but there is no evidence that the police has revealed that proves it. It is mere speculation - nothing more, nothing less. If that is the best that you have to support the basis of Mason going to the Cowboys over the Knights you have nothing...

Oh...and Mitch took the gear on your watch - not ours. Who knows who else is on the gear up there? Could be anyone!

hahaha, you really are thick. He might have been on our watch but we cut him, your team picked up a known drug user, you can take the moral high ground over that incident all you want but you are seriously deluded if you think the Knights were the 'good samaritan' or the like. I wasn't taking a shot at the knights either, hence my 'damn shame' comment.......

If he comes here, he comes, if not I won't cut my wrists. I was merely throwing out some left field reasons as to why he may not go to Newy, my personal opinion is he will go home to Newcastle though.

macavity

Referee
I reckon the odds would be 70/30 Newcastle/Cowboys.

My guess is a 2 year deal here - 70-80 first year, and around 150-180 second year to re-establish himself, then he will go to the UK or French rugby for the pension deal.

Charlie124

First Grade
Good decision Willie, glad to see he isnt taking the easy/safe option by going to the Knights, seems he is very serious about getting his career back on track.

perverse

Referee
how backward and geniused can the knights management possibly be to miss out on this one?

Special K

Coach
He will go to the Knights.

It is just funny he has played the i'll leave and go far away card numerous times (nfl, esl, japan rugby, european rugby etc) card so many times but when it comes down to it.. He loves the attention and a league mad Newcastle can give him that while staying close enough to party in Sydney still.

Though NQ does have Tonga and Thurston.. If I was him i'd be on the first plane north

perverse

Referee
well.. it has been reported by 2 news stations already, so you're hardly nostradamus if you're right.