What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason's future

Where will Willie Mason play his first game of professional sport in 2010?

• Roosters

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • Newtown (Roosters feeder)

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • ESL

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Other NRL club

Votes: 39 40.6%
  • Super 14

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • European Rugby Union

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Japanese Rugby Union

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Lower tier rugby league / rugby union

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • different code / sport

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Year off / retirement

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters

beave

Coach
I want him here, as long as it doesn't effect keeping Luke Odonnell here for a few more seasons.

The 2 articles I have read on him signing to come here have contradicted themselves, so I still don't believe it until I read some more evidence, I have a feeling they may have gone off half c0cked though.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26679725-23214,00.html

Willie Mason has sealed his future, finding new home with North Queensland Cowboys
By staff writers
February 04, 2010
In a Fox Sports News Exclusive, it's been revealed that Willie Mason has sealed his future, finding a new home at North Queensland Cowboys.

Mason's decision has put an end to a long-running off-season saga, which now sees the Cowboys beating Newcastle Knights for the big forward's signature.

The deal is still to be ironed out in detail in the next 48 hours, but it's almost certain that Mason will join the North Queensland Cowboys in 2010, with Newcastle aware of the deal - acknowledging they are now out of the running.

Sydney Roosters head coach Brian Smith and the club as an entity will surely be relieved with this news, as Mason was contracted to the Roosters for one more year.

If Mason was unable to find a new club, he may have been ignored by the Roosters and forced to play with Feeder club Newtown.

Charlie124

First Grade
I dont see how Brian Smith would "surely be relieved with this news", it really doesnt make any difference to him or the Roosters. If he hadnt found a club he would just be playing for Newtown or not at all, the Roosters still pay his contract out.

Canard

Immortal
Going to a club where the fans dont want him.... lol great choice Willie

On the Stampede website its almost a 90% wanted him, in fact most of the complaining about Mason was why hadn't we signed him earlier, and some whinging about how they though Newcastle were going to beat us to the punch.