What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy For Grant?

Rsag85

Bench
Surley not? Mason is past it.

Mason will be coming on a 2nd tier contract with wouldn't take up much of the cap and we will have room to move for a outside back so basically we are getting double its a smart move by the club saving money to use it on something we need

alien

Referee
Mason will be coming on a 2nd tier contract with wouldn't take up much of the cap and we will have room to move for a outside back so basically we are getting double its a smart move by the club saving money to use it on something we need

where did that info come from? why would he agree to a 2nd tier contract when he could make a lot more in the english super league?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
I hope Mason is better behaved these days. He was one of the main contributors to our piss poor culture in 08/09. Not worth it and you guys would do better giving a young bull a go. Leave mason to scrub clubs like Newcastle.

alien

Referee
it seems very strange that we're paying a big chunk of grant's contract to play for an enemy nrl club if it is just so we can sign someone like mason who is turning 36 this year. i would rather grant was kept. i would have had him on the interchange

doyen

Bench
it seems very strange that we're paying a big chunk of grant's contract to play for an enemy nrl club if it is just so we can sign someone like mason who is turning 36 this year. i would rather grant was kept. i would have had him on the interchange

He seems to be ageless--he will go into his 17th season in the top grade if he snags a contract. I hope he gets one if he really wants to play on. It's a great effort to spend 16 seasons in RL!!

Mason's disruptive days are behind now. In fact,he has had a positive influence in recent years.

6'5"-119kgs--if fit,he will do the job.

Grant,IMO,was a failure with us--I expected SOO performances from him to match his pay packet but,alas,he was a disappointment!!

Last edited:

southsport

First Grade
He seems to be ageless--he will go into his 17th season in the top grade if he snags a contract. I hope he gets one if he really wants to play on. It's a great effort to spend 16 seasons in RL!!

Mason's disruptive days are behind now. In fact,he has had a positive influence in recent years.

Grant,IMO,was a failure with us--I expected SOO performances from him to match his pay packet but,alas,he was a disappointment!!

Ten more games and Willie will join the 300 club.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree Doyen.

Everyone said Lote was past it and he turned out to be a very very good signing.

Mason could be a very good signing.

Matrix

Juniors

Agreed by the time we pay whatever we have to pay for Grant and then buy Mason we will be no better off cap wise from what I can see.

alien

Referee
Agreed by the time we pay whatever we have to pay for Grant and then buy Mason we will be no better off cap wise from what I can see.

and we also wouldn't be helping out an enemy club by paying a significant part of his contract. i'm hoping a good signing comes from it. someone better than a 36 yr old willie mason o_o

Pommy

Coach

Where did you read that were paying Grant money? My understanding was it was at his request and therefore we were not liable for him.

handyman2190

Bench
My understanding is if the player asks for the release there is no obligation to pay any shortfall in his next contract, if the club moves him on then they have to pay, it sounds to me we organised grants release ,initially but when the roberts deal fell through he was told he was staying because we didnt want to pay the shortfall around 100k a year he knew he wasnt wanted and had more chance at an inexperienced pack like the tigers to play first grade and probably even start the game so he asked and was beautifly let go reluctantly LoL