What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy Mason shoulder charge?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Okey dokey.

For those of us who have played the game why dont you display some common sense outrage.

We can all then marvel.

What would your opinion be if Mason received a 2 week suspension for that? With NRLs knee jerk mid week rule change it is actually a good chance of happening

What would your opinion be if Mason received a 2 week suspension for that? With NRLs knee jerk mid week rule change it is actually a good chance of happening

There is no chance.

Dude, imagine you are sitting next to people who have played the game. Now convince them you want Mason (or any other player) rubbed out for even 1 week.

Please provide your monologue.

DiegoNT

First Grade
There is no chance.

Dude, imagine you are sitting next to people who have played the game. Now convince them you want Mason (or any other player) rubbed out for even 1 week.

Please provide your monologue.

I don't want Mason suspended.! I agree that it shouldn't of even been a penalty!
But there's already been articles in the nrl media asking if it's a shoulder charge and if this means the new rules come into effect meaning Mason gets charged at the judiciary.
Nrl has a problem with introducing rules on a knee jerk reaction, and while the rule is meant to combat the dangerous shoulder charges that were causing concussions and serious injuries (including tragically a recent death) the way they've introduced it means that a tackle like masons, that was in no way a danger at all, might now be subject to a few weeks ban.

I don't want Mason suspended.! I agree that it shouldn't of even been a penalty!
But there's already been articles in the nrl media asking if it's a shoulder charge and if this means the new rules come into effect meaning Mason gets charged at the judiciary.
Nrl has a problem with introducing rules on a knee jerk reaction, and while the rule is meant to combat the dangerous shoulder charges that were causing concussions and serious injuries (including tragically a recent death) the way they've introduced it means that a tackle like masons, that was in no way a danger at all, might now be subject to a few weeks ban.

Well there you go. A non issue.

So glad I can now chillax in the un-natural fibre surrounds of the plastic daybed with my retro alcoholic drink and my real life footy loving female partner. Life & bliss & peace love & mung beans.

thorson1987

Coach
I didn't see it but by the sounds of it if he is just standing his ground he should be ok.

Any player who commits a shoulder charge using force will be automatically charged by the Match Review Committee from this weekend

Canard

Immortal
I'll have Jatz Crackers know that I was the Captain of the U/13 B`s in my hometown.

jonno_knights

Juniors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXjF7n0JwD4

Not a lot different to the force and positioning to Snowdens "shoulder charge" fro 2013...

Only difference was the outcome of the tackle. If it was Tom Burgess running at Snowden, I would suspect contact wouldnt have been made with the jaw, and it would more then likely have been play on.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A Roosters forward did a blatant shoulder charge in the first half today and there was no penalty or anything. I bet he doesn't get charged.

The video ref should tell the on field refs we have had a shoulder charge, penalize and put the player on report. Why can't this happen??

Also today Aubusson lifted a Knights player by the legs into a dangerous position. This should have been put on report and is a grade 1, which is a 1 week suspension.

The Roosters are getting away with a lot at the moment.

Willie will be charged for sure but not the Roosters forward today!

It's a bloody joke.

Snappy

Coach
Outraged by what you think possibly may, or may not happen.

The Aubusson lift was nothing report worthy anyway. Penalty was sufficient.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Yeah but the Jennings high shot was report worthy.
Its true the chickens are getting away with a fair bit.
Same old shit

OVP

Coach
A Roosters forward did a blatant shoulder charge in the first half today and there was no penalty or anything. I bet he doesn't get charged.

The video ref should tell the on field refs we have had a shoulder charge, penalize and put the player on report. Why can't this happen??

Also today Aubusson lifted a Knights player by the legs into a dangerous position. This should have been put on report and is a grade 1, which is a 1 week suspension.

The Roosters are getting away with a lot at the moment.

Willie will be charged for sure but not the Roosters forward today!

It's a bloody joke.

baby-cries.jpg

Allo

Juniors
Not a lot different to the force and positioning to Snowdens "shoulder charge" from 2013...

Only difference was the outcome of the tackle.
If the only difference between those two tackles was contacting the head, then I'd say that's a big difference.

Shoulder charge as stated by the NRL ....
A) Making forceful contact between any part of his body and the head or neck of an opposing player.
OR
B) Causing or contributing to any forceful movement of, or impact to, the head or neck of an opposing player.

Snowden
A) Guilty
B) Guilty

Mason
A) Not Guilty
B) Not Guilty

Big Willy will be fine.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Outraged by what you think possibly may, or may not happen.

The Aubusson lift was nothing report worthy anyway. Penalty was sufficient.

Well other players in the past have done the same thing and I thought a penalty was sufficient. But then they got suspended.

All I want is consistency.

I reckon that Roosters player won't get charged for the shoulder charge. It was worse than Mason's, more obvious. Can't remember the forwards name though.

Roosters are getting very lucky at the moment in regards to judiciary charges.

Latest posts