What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willy Mason

Nuffy

Bench
Hes leaving the Dogs,

Should we have a crack at him?

After all he is a Trono boy.

Thoughts

B-dos

Referee
I doubt we could afford to pay him what he is worth for next season. No doubt the NFL could be an option for him also.

Without knowing our financial situation, I can see our only potential avenue being to offer him a substantially discounted contract for his first season followed by 'top up' contracts in his second and third etc.

That said, i doubt its a done deal that he is leaving the Dogs. Until thats a certainty its all speculation.

Jono078

Referee
At first I thought would be great to get him, but I think weve signed too many backrowers already which also would have used up all out money.

For Mason wanting to leave now tells me he has a nice offer over in England.

Even if we had the cash I don't think we'd be the type of club that would
fit in with Willy's "lifestyle," unless Sapphire Suite re-locates to Newie.

And could not imagine him being the type of bloke to commute 3 hours for training.

antonius

Coach
Mason thinks he's bigger than the game. If what is reported is correct, I wouldn't be letting him train for a pro boxing bout either, FFS the Dogs are paying him a heap of money to play footy, why would they give him permission to box? The more I see and hear of Mason the more I'm convinced he's so far up himself his head'll stick out his mouth shortly, let him piss off to England.

otori

Juniors
Mmm I have the feeling that Brian Smith and Willie Mason would got along really well. Like a snake and a mongoose in a dark basket slowly filling with hydrochloric acid well...

perverse

Referee
i don't see anything wrong with sending some money willies way, i still think he could go well in the front row. i mean we shouldn't go after him aggressively, but we'd be stupid to not put forward some sort of offer. he is a local, and a great player after all.

AdamT

Juniors
perverse said:
i don't see anything wrong with sending some money willies way, i still think he could go well in the front row. i mean we shouldn't go after him aggressively, but we'd be stupid to not put forward some sort of offer. he is a local, and a great player after all.

Smart thinking perverse and I agree - Never say NO to a good player. His trouble making ways can be curbed by Smithie. What are we destined to have a more mediocre team in 2008 than we almost got the spoon with in 2007?

Knowing how well our Club operates they will be too slow and stupid to be able to make him an offer before he is snapped up by a smarter club

No thanks. Besides we don't have the money he would be asking for. I want us to have a crack at Israel Folau for 2009 if, as expected, Bedsy goes to the UK.