What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN Corporation

See my previous post.

You’re blaming 1 premiership in 40 years on a company that’s been a partner for 2 years.

That’s McGregor grade finger pointing right there.

If you wanted valid points to argue, I’d be going more along the lines of a lack of TPA’s brought in by their corporate buddies and why the Gordon’s don’t dip into the loose change jar to get the funds to pay out Mary.

They would be the kinds of critique I would be looking at.

PS. *you’re
Also laughable.
U are making an assumption

Without access to the JV agreement we simply don't know whether Illawarra needed St George and NRL consent or not.

What we do know is that our board sucks
Without viewing the detail of the share agreement you cannot pretend to know the rights of either party.
Would make interesting reading though.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No I do not believe that is the case Jimmy , and I am afraid that I don’t have any answers to rectify the situation besides the obvious . Other than to dissolve the Joint Venture and go their own separate ways which is now almost impossible , as it would leave both parties in financial ruin .

Couldn’t agree more with the last part of your post. There’s no doubt in my mind that should WIN Corp decide to withdraw its partnership, the Dragons would go belly up in quick fashion.

Gareth67

First Grade
Couldn’t agree more with the last part of your post. There’s no doubt in my mind that should WIN Corp decide to withdraw its partnership, the Dragons would go belly up in quick fashion.

I do agree with you Saint Jimmy G , unfortunately I worded my post in the incorrect manner , but no it does not appear to be a true Joint Venture whereby the decisions reached are amicable as are the appointments of associated ‘staff ‘.

Old Timer

Coach
As ordinary as St George could be at times it did have its time in the sun and did find ways to drag itself out of periods of being ordinary and instil hope in its fans.
Win Corp, Gordon’s, Steelers, Illawarra all tarnished with the brush of mediocrity and aspire to be hopeless and that malaise has descended on St George fans as the cloud of doom.
As tough as it got following St George and even when the once great flame of the Dragon became little more than that of a match there was always that chance of the fire being restored to a mighty roar unfortunately now the flame has been extinguished and the great flood of all things Illawarra has descended upon us.
Criticism of Sr George is not a valid arguement for the total lack of achievement of others,

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
As ordinary as St George could be at times it did have its time in the sun and did find ways to drag itself out of periods of being ordinary and instil hope in its fans.
Win Corp, Gordon’s, Steelers, Illawarra all tarnished with the brush of mediocrity and aspire to be hopeless and that malaise has descended on St George fans as the cloud of doom.
As tough as it got following St George and even when the once great flame of the Dragon became little more than that of a match there was always that chance of the fire being restored to a mighty roar unfortunately now the flame has been extinguished and the great flood of all things Illawarra has descended upon us.
Criticism of Sr George is not a valid arguement for the total lack of achievement of others,
Lol.. 1 premiership in 40 years isn’t a ‘lack of achievement’?

Please.

Old Timer

Coach
Illawarra Steelers 18 years as a stand alone club 3 spoons made the semis twice never made a GF let alone win 1
No doubt trying to aspire to such lofty deeds yet again
We might not have won 1 in our last 18 years stand alone but at least we made the big day.
In our last 21 years stand alone 2 Premierships and 4 runner ups.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Illawarra Steelers 18 years as a stand alone club 3 spoons made the semis twice never made a GF let alone win 1
No doubt trying to aspire to such lofty deeds yet again
We might not have won 1 in our last 18 years stand alone but at least we made the big day.
In our last 21 years stand alone 2 Premierships and 4 runner ups.
Why are you referring to ancient history?

And why is it the dinosaurs in here keep referring to the Steelers as if they’re present day partners? We’re talking about what WIN have brought to the table after the Steelers time..

I’m guessing comprehension wasn’t taught at schools in the Kogarah region back in the 1940’s...

Old Timer

Coach
Wow some one quotes a 1 : 40 ratio as justification of a poorly scripted arguement and when quoted back to him in another format calls it ancient history.
Typical of the Illawarra malaise.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wow some one quotes a 1 : 40 ratio as justification of a poorly scripted arguement and when quoted back to him in another format calls it ancient history.
Typical of the Illawarra malaise.
You can address me in person you know.. Ignoring me doesn’t work if you respond but then just call me “someone”.. Oh sorry, “some one”.

Clearly both history and maths were not taught at Kogarah either.

The 1 premiership in 40 years takes us to the current day, not up to an era that finished over 20 years ago.

Come on man, it’s poor comprehension like this that got the club into the current pickle.

Fingers crossed the pickle isn’t that big that even WIN can’t save us..

Old Timer

Coach
You can address me in person you know.. Ignoring me doesn’t work if you respond but then just call me “someone”.. Oh sorry, “some one”.

The 1 premiership in 40 years takes us to the current day, not up to an era that finished over 20 years ago.

Come on man, it’s poor comprehension like this that got the club into the current pickle.

Your a dead ringer for a bloke that died some time back.
Unfortunately you can't be saved by the bell.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Your a dead ringer for a bloke that died some time back.
Unfortunately you can't be saved by the bell.
Sorry, I own what now?

Look, clearly the events of nearly 70 years ago was an awesome feat.

Rather than living in the past and trying to turn this into a fight, what would you like to see WIN do to help rescue the club from the quagmire it’s in?

Just imagine another golden run for the Dragons.. It would be awesome for people to see.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

You’re the last individual here who can lecture others on comprehension, pal.

Refer to our last encounter for guidance.

Have you worked out what the “Illawarra half” is within the club yet?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You’re the last individual here who can lecture others on comprehension, pal.

Refer to our last encounter for guidance.

Have you worked out what the “Illawarra half” is within the club yet?
As mentioned before Jimmy, you aren’t worth my time anymore.

So carry on..

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
No, more that you are too thick to understand basic concepts but carry on like you’re the smartest man on earth to the point that it’s tedious.

Your stance on coronavirus sealed it.

Basic concepts? At least I understand that an individual doesn’t represent a fictitious “Illawarra half” on the SGI Board.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
See this is why I say I’m not even bothering to engage with you.

Carry on, you special person.

You say that as if that’s some sort of loss.

I reckon there’d be a few other people who wish you’d adopt the same stance with them.

Hypocrite.

Latest posts