What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WIN Corporation

Sorry, but how are these WIN issues? At very best they are shared issues, and particularly point no.1 is a St George issue. All new barnacles from the WIN side.

Why are results on the field the fault of a media broadcaster? Wouldn’t on field performance be best tasked to a football club playing it’s 100th season?

Asking for a friend.
Yes they are.
One of their mandates was to bring management expertise to the equation.
In fact I think we have gone backwards.
The football team is a result of decisions made at board level.
You can manoeuvrer and theorize all you like but sporting clubs are judged by results.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yes they are.
One of their mandates was to bring management expertise to the equation.
In fact I think we have gone backwards.
The football team is a result of decisions made at board level.
You can manoeuvrer and theorize all you like but sporting clubs are judged by results.
And they have brought management expertise. Did you not see yesterday’s announcement?

And yes, football clubs are judged by results. If the board is responsible for the results, can you please list which board members have been consistently present for the past 8 seasons of tripe and which side of the JV they’re from?

You’re trying to blame St George’s culture of failure upon WIN.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think your clutching at straws. The results speak for themselves.
It doesn't matter how BJ was appointed.
See my previous post.

You’re blaming 1 premiership in 40 years on a company that’s been a partner for 2 years.

That’s McGregor grade finger pointing right there.

If you wanted valid points to argue, I’d be going more along the lines of a lack of TPA’s brought in by their corporate buddies and why the Gordon’s don’t dip into the loose change jar to get the funds to pay out Mary.

They would be the kinds of critique I would be looking at.

PS. *you’re

Gareth67

First Grade
Fact 1 :- The Joint Venture has become a miserable failure for all parties .

Fact 2 :- They should never had joined in the first instance .

Fact 3 :- The longer they are together the worst it shall become .

I am not putting the fault at either club’s door , but merely saying that over the period that they have been conjoined , both entities have become big losers and at times an embarrassment to the fans .

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
It’s enabled the Illawarra half of the JV to have a louder voice against the St George old boys who’ve been stuck in the 70s & have been running the poor St George arm of things into the ground.

I think you’ll find the sole Illawarra Steelers’ board member has no say in it at all, dear chap.

Elsewhere, the Illawarra Steelers’ old boys did a pretty decent job running that entity into the ground themselves.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Fact 1 :- The Joint Venture has become a miserable failure for all parties .

Fact 2 :- They should never had joined in the first instance .

Fact 3 :- The longer they are together the worst it shall become .

I am not putting the fault at either club’s door , but merely saying that over the period that they have been conjoined , both entities have become big losers and at times an embarrassment to the fans .

Is it a true JV though?

With WIN Corp’s involvement, I’m not certain that it is.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think you’ll find the sole Illawarra Steelers’ board member has no say in it at all, dear chap.

Elsewhere, the Illawarra Steelers’ old boys did a pretty decent job running that entity into the ground themselves.
Note I said Illawarra, not Steelers?

You know, that name at the bottom of the shield under the lovely red white & black emblem that represents this club?

What’s happened to you lately? You’re getting worse by the day.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Note I said Illawarra, not Steelers?

You know, that name at the bottom of the shield under the lovely red white & black emblem that represents this club?

What’s happened to you lately? You’re getting worse by the day.

For the uninitiated....

The current SGI Board consists of both St. George and WIN Corp. representatives. There is also a sole Illawarra Steelers’ member, Graeme Gulloch, who doesn’t have ANY voting rights.

From this, four items are clear:

1. there isn’t an “lllawarra half” as per your earlier post.

2. given Mr. Gulloch is only an individual (with zero input), it’s a bit of a stretch to say that as a clear minority, he can miraculously provide a “louder voice”.

3. once again, you’ve demonstrated a disturbing inability to comprehend rudimentary things.

and 4. again, a failure on your part to understand inference.

Postscript: why so many insults? Have you come down with a nasty dose of Covid-19?

Agree with u Muzby

WIN lacks the ability to facilitate TPA’s and has failed to scrape a few dollars together to pay out Mary.

WIN has supported the Illawarra for many years, propping up the financial position of the leagues club.

Gordon junior has been a board member well before WIN acquired Illawarra’s share of the JV.

Unfortunately the Gordon’s have treated the JV like a child’s toy rather than a business, hence WIN’s failure to provide meaningful independent decision making.

I hope the new CEO gets the club moving in the right direction.

Otherwise both joint venturers will find themselves playing Park footy soon enough.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For the uninitiated....

The current SGI Board consists of both St. George and WIN Corp. representatives. There is also a sole Illawarra Steelers’ member, Graeme Gulloch, who doesn’t have ANY voting rights.

From this, four items are clear:

1. there isn’t an “lllawarra half” as per your earlier post.

2. given Mr. Gulloch is only an individual (with zero input), it’s a bit of a stretch to say that as a clear minority, he can miraculously provide a “louder voice”.

3. once again, you’ve demonstrated a disturbing inability to comprehend rudimentary things.

and 4. again, a failure on your part to understand inference.

Postscript: why so many insults? Have you come down with a nasty dose of Covid-19?
Sorry mate.. You’ve reached the point where you’re not even worth bothering with these days..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Agree with u Muzby

WIN lacks the ability to facilitate TPA’s and has failed to scrape a few dollars together to pay out Mary.

WIN has supported the Illawarra for many years, propping up the financial position of the leagues club.

Gordon junior has been a board member well before WIN acquired Illawarra’s share of the JV.

Unfortunately the Gordon’s have treated the JV like a child’s toy rather than a business, hence WIN’s failure to provide meaningful independent decision making.

I hope the new CEO gets the club moving in the right direction.

Otherwise both joint venturers will find themselves playing Park footy soon enough.
Precisely..

Rather than blaming WIN for the failure of others, we should be pressuring them to play to their strengths..

RedVee

First Grade
I don’t know why everyone says SGI sold half to WIN. They were the Steelers shares so surely the Steelers had the say as to who they sold them to?
WIN Corp had been supporting the Steelers for many years, of course they sold to them.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I don’t know why everyone says SGI sold half to WIN. They were the Steelers shares so surely the Steelers had the say as to who they sold them to?
WIN Corp had been supporting the Steelers for many years, of course they sold to them.

Given the level of debt racked up, I doubt the Steelers had much bargaining power.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
With a 50:50 joint venture, if one party wants to sell off their half, the other party gets input.

With a 50:50 joint venture, if one party wants to sell off their half, the other party gets input.

U are making an assumption

Without access to the JV agreement we simply don't know whether Illawarra needed St George and NRL consent or not.

What we do know is that our board sucks

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
U are making an assumption

Without access to the JV agreement we simply don't know whether Illawarra needed St George and NRL consent or not.

What we do know is that our board sucks
No assUmptions here..

It’s standard corporations law aroUnd the governance of JV’s..

Add to that the NRL owns the licences, means that they have a say in who gets to bUy the licence in the competition they rUn..

Gareth67

First Grade
Is it a true JV though?

With WIN Corp’s involvement, I’m not certain that it is.

I agree it does not appear to be Jimmy , and I am afraid that I don’t have any answers to rectify the situation besides the obvious . Other than to dissolve the Joint Venture and go their own separate ways which is now almost impossible , as it would leave both parties in financial ruin .

Last edited:

SnowDragon

Juniors
I’m getting sick of the decisive comments. Not saying you can’t have an opinion, but all these crappy comments achieve nothing. Just trying to fight amongst yourselves like a bunch of... well you get the picture.

let’s hope the new CEO can serve the club and be the start of a new dragons era!

And they have brought management expertise. Did you not see yesterday’s announcement?

And yes, football clubs are judged by results. If the board is responsible for the results, can you please list which board members have been consistently present for the past 8 seasons of tripe and which side of the JV they’re from?

You’re trying to blame St George’s culture of failure upon WIN.
Laughable.