What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

windsor wolves 2010

Kilkenny

Coach
Add David Tangata-Toa to the windsor roster confirmed on pi

Hope he needs some additional kitchen utensils for his pad. Should collect himself a wooden spoon which comes in very handy for stirring broths, stir fry and various other wok style dishes. (I just hope he has a wok)

truth spiiter

Juniors
people on here have no idea... that squad use have named is missing 10 or so names... i no exactly who is training with them so maybe you old geezers should stop acting like ur important an think u no things wen u clearly dont

Fibroman

First Grade
people on here have no idea... that squad use have named is missing 10 or so names... i no exactly who is training with them so maybe you old geezers should stop acting like ur important an think u no things wen u clearly dont

Somewhere, my friends, there is a villiage missing it's idiot.

murraymob

Coach

perhaps it is you who should pull his head out and name names instead of pretending to know anything .Try reading earlier post you will see the squads are of players known to be there not all that are there.The idea of the thread was to get a idea of the squad.Now you name the ten not there dont include first grade players

franklin2323

Immortal

I don't normally carve people up on forums because its people's opinions but you asked for it.

Are you blind I said unoffical team lists. I was at training the week before xmas and that was the players training as NSW Cup/JB Cup.

Yes it's incomplete but you tell me a NSW Cup/JB cup team that's not and well you would be dreaming!!! Teams have trials for spots, Players training with NRL. People may be from interstate and not arrived yet.

There were 5 or 6 training with NRL Jennings, Lewis and co weren't back from the Tri-Nations and injuries get covered. Others may of been injured the fact is it's a start of a squad the same time I posted that Balmain had 6 players so others are further behind.

As for Old. I am 26 numnuts and still play footy!!!! No 1 here pretends to know all but unlike you we are legal to go to clubs and talk to people who know. And also we aren't 10 and can use facebook and drive etc and can contact players etc.

franklin2323

Immortal
Add David Tangata-Toa to the windsor roster confirmed on pi

That's the 1 from Rugby League Review I was going crazy trying to find where I put it. A decent player we prob have better infront of him to play NRL but will do a job for us.

Anyone been on Newtown's website puts Windsor to shame it has profiles for 30 or so players they have contracted

franklin2323

Immortal
Guys 2 more players to add Both for Sunshine coast in Qld Cup. Ryan Walker outside back we have him training at fullback. David Middleton may come in 2 NYC

Kilkenny

Coach
With our strength in juniors it is beyond belief we have not been competitive in the NSW Cup. I can't see things changing too much in 2010 and that is sad. Regardless of the success or otherwise of the NRL side this club should be a powerhouse in all other grades and junior sides. The fact we flopped in all competitions both Seniors and Juniors in 2009 is an indictment on our upper management and other coaching and development staff.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hey guys I popped in to training again this week. Here looks like being the Windsor squad this year. It's JB cup also like last year JBC players may play NSW Cup if form warrants it.

Ryan Walker
David Tangata-Toa
Aaron Sweeney
Zoram Watene
Michael Fualalo
Chevy Penehoe
Rea Tamatoa
Ben Venegoa
V.Morunga
T.Pitone
Damian Tuakura
Wirim Weepu
Brendan Vengoa
Victor Penitani
Danny Chiha
Brad Clark
Robert Goldsmith
Daniel King
Jono Rolfe
Steve Meredith
Chris Barlow
Ashley Hazelton
Adam Schubert
Trevor Bolt
David Dickinson
Ben Stewart
Ben Taefu
Jesse Sene-Lefao
Jeff Ryan
Michael Burns
Ryan Tremonte
Ray Nasso
James Cannon

Nothing Offical like you Murraymob they wont show anything I know a few players they helped me put the squad together.

Looks like a good solid squad

Good the see Penehoe return. The Vengoa Brothers are quality went well for Balmain last year. Sweeney and Tanagatoa will add starch up front.
Fualalo was leading tryscorer in NYC so I will be interested to see how he goes.

Add The left over 1st graders we should go well this year

Still a few trialling for contract anyone got any further info???

murraymob

Coach
add craig trindall he is a starter more than likely jim beam cup.
I have always rated chevvy penehoe glad he is back.Another i think will star is Jesse sene lefoa has the lot
Keep any info coming on windsor Franklin it is very much appreciated

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I'm a big fan of Sene-lefeao - he has all the skills reminds me of a young ali lautiti.

He comes back to NZ for Maori league tournament every year with Zoram Watene every year and carves.

Doesnt have a panthers contract - I think he'll picked up by somebody.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well guys I took a trip out to Cabra with some mates and what a team we look like having. We have huge quick backs Fualalo and Penehoe weren't tackled all tournament. Ben Vengoa and Watene have some speed on them.

After the last few years it was great to see the boys lift that trophy 1 trophy down plenty more to come.

henson park

Juniors
Guys try not to be too harsh on the NSW CUP competition or the Windsor Wolves. At this point all teams in the second level are still trialing players and also trying to work out what and whom they may be getting back from first grade and we all are funded by ourselves no grants from anyone.
The opening of the season on the 13th of March is all double headers and at newtown(henson park) we play the tigers and Wests play Norths. Windsor will be competitive and hard to beat as usual. The front rower Aaron Sweeny is a very tough player and will pushhard for a first grade spot.Steve Meredith also played at Newtown as did SHOEY so there will be no easy games aginst Windsor with these blokes playing. Look forward to seeing some mountain men supporters at Henson Park this season.
look on our web site for info newtownjets.com.au
henson park:D

Kilkenny

Coach
Guys try not to be too harsh on the NSW CUP competition or the Windsor Wolves. At this point all teams in the second level are still trialing players and also trying to work out what and whom they may be getting back from first grade and we all are funded by ourselves no grants from anyone.
The opening of the season on the 13th of March is all double headers and at newtown(henson park) we play the tigers and Wests play Norths. Windsor will be competitive and hard to beat as usual. The front rower Aaron Sweeny is a very tough player and will pushhard for a first grade spot.Steve Meredith also played at Newtown as did SHOEY so there will be no easy games aginst Windsor with these blokes playing. Look forward to seeing some mountain men supporters at Henson Park this season.
look on our web site for info newtownjets.com.au
henson park:D

Sadly, the NSW Cup is not the second level. The much vaunted Under 20's or Toyota Cup as it is affectionately known is? The NSW Cup has become somewhat of a joke and this is an indictment of the game and the NRL in my opinion who have allowed this to happen.

We all recognise the cost issues of fielding three teams but that has been brought about by the NRL being in bed with the owners of the game and the disgraceful amount paid to the game in 'rights'.

I can't see anything changing anytime soon unfortunately. All the hype about a new governing body seem to have gone quiet in the last week or so after much publicity.

If the funding for our game was in order there is no reason why we could not return to a three team structure of NRL, Reserve Grade and Under 23's.

The funding rights for the AFL will accomodate multi million dollars losses for a Western Sydney team for years and years and yet our deal cannot accomodate a modest reserve grade competition. Speaks volumes in my opinion.

franklin2323

Immortal
To an extend Kilkenny your right the only that wouldn't answer why QLD Cup s**ts on NSW Cup. Go to both websites there's is a 1000 times better and NSW teams are lining up to play in it

To improve NSW Cup needs Live TV coverage. QLD cUP gets live coverage on a Sat we get crappy Club Rugby. Now ABC wanted to show it and apparently it was knocked on the head because NRL players would be shown on a rival or some rubbish reason.

Balant lies told to us by terrible NSWRL officals as QLD cup shows potiently NRL players as Titans, Broncos, Storm in the past, Manly, Canberra send there players back there.

Get sponsorship and live tv more sponsors the quality will improve