What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wine thread

Bazal

Post Whore
2017 Bird in Hand Nero D'Avola.

Ignore the tarty bottle (I actually think it's pretty Sicilian)....this shit is magic.

Every single thing you want in a Nero. Gorgeous colour, great nose. Loads of red currants and tart cherry, smooth and jammy in the mid palate, great tannin and crunchy acid on the back end.

f**ken yum.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I was looking for the Langemei on the LickHerLand website but all I see them for is 25 each?

I reckon you would be better going in and checking out the Liqourland shops as some of the slower shops will probably have stock of the various 4 for $40 specials, there is some good lines there and some ordinary ones also , the order we did for the shop today had 47 rejections on it so the warehouse is out or running out of the stock, looks like they are having a big purge of the red stocks. We still had 6 bottles of the St Hugo Cab Sav this morning but some lucky punter got the last six, FFS the six bottles only cost him $60

Harsh but fair...

Tbh I genuinely like the Massale but I do understand why people don't. It's very sappy and vegetal...

It's not as good as the Port Phillip Estate, but they've differentiated the price over the years too. Used to be pretty similar
I have absolutely no problem with the taste of the product. It just seems the majority of wankers we have had issues with have been buying Massale at the time...

Bazal

Post Whore
Went into my local LL and the St Hugo's are all $40 a pop. Langmeil $25

But the Torbreck Woodcutters Shiraz was 3 for $36. Unfortunately sold old....

horrie hastings

First Grade

F*ck, we had and still have plenty of Torbreck Woodcutters, it came on later than the first lot of specials , actually even though the ticket said 3 for $36 , you could get 4 for $ 40. Langmeil Blockbuster Shiraz was definitely 4 for $ 40 because I bought some and St Hugo Cab Sav was 3 for $ 36 because the ticket came through yesterday and it scanned at 4 for $40 , the customer bought the six we had for $60. I tried scanning the St Hugo Shiraz but it was still was $40 a bottle. F*ck I don't know what Liquorland were thinking with that promo, some quality stuff for $10 a bottle.

horrie hastings

First Grade

Should have asked the staff member to scan the Langmeil for you, I'm sure a lot of the shops didn't put out the full range of tickets or maybe some of the specials were different in the ACT but I don't think so.