1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Winning/losing off a refs howler

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Vic Mackey, Oct 7, 2019.

1. TheDefinitionOfMadness

TheDefinitionOfMadness Juniors

In regard to Sutton, he won't be dropped. It helps when your brother is the boss.

2. The unknown

The unknown Juniors

Remember when Nofo got called back for a knock on for not getting to his feet properly to play the ball??

Ponga just did the exact same thing...only difference is the Brisbane player got binned.

f**k the NRL

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    WA Tiger, Vic Mackey and Perth Tiger like this.
  3. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

I saw that and said the exact same thing :joy:

BTW I’m not denying Nofas was a penalty, however we see it multiple times every game and it literally NEVER gets pulled up.

WA Tiger and The unknown like this.
  4. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Tonight's ref hated the Broncos.

5. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

What did Nofo do wrong. I don’t get it ?

6. cerberus

cerberus Coach

i thought cummings did everything he could to get parra up last night .
    i was also interested to hear , the tiges have been given the most "6 again " against us .
    umm never saw that coming !

7. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

Interesting stat, in the last 3 halves of footy we’ve received 1 set restart

sensesmaybenumbed and Tigerm like this.
  8. Tigers Tale

Tigers Tale Juniors

So far as refs are concerned, it seems to be some teams are always on their wrong side and have been for years...we are one of them. Until we are regular top 8 we will be treated as bottom 8 teams are...like sh#t.

WA Tiger, Fordy20 and Vic Mackey like this.
  9. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

I see it was Canberra's turn to get reamed by the spastics in the bunker. That sin binning was rubbish.
    Personally I think it won't be too long till someone calls for an investigation into the betting habbits of the bunker people and their families and friends just to assuage the general public that everything is on the up and up.

10. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Yea Nah ...You've got a wee way to go yet haven’t you Gordz...at least u got time on your side

Link 1

https://cerebralpalsy.org.au/our-research/about-cerebral-palsy/what-is-cerebral-palsy/

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  11. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

and Link 2

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    blue bags likes this.
  12. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

Well even when we aren’t playing the referees continue to root us. Sharks get absolutely handed 2 points tonight

13. Tigers Tale

Tigers Tale Juniors

That was just unforgivable....

gordsy and blue bags like this.
  14. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Just seen that try, how can they get that stuff wrong, the NRL have problems.

blue bags and macnaz like this.
  15. The Rosco

The Rosco Juniors

From memory, that "try" was looked at from 2 front on angles for a period of around 3 seconds, then awarded.
    If it were a shit team, it would have taken 39 views from 216 different angles, over a 2.5 minute period to find a lone, obscured still frame that made it look like it was a try, in the face of the other 38 views that clearly showed it wasn't a try.
    The sharps were gifted that game when they were handed 4 or 5 restarts, parramatta style, 15 odd mins before and after halftime.
    Souffs, parra, and now the peptide boys are protected species.
    I'd love to see the stats on souffs and parra in terms of number of set restarts gifted, relative field position, and how late in the set each was given. But make sure not to include fake crusher tackle claims in that lot.

blue bags, Vic Mackey and Tigerm like this.
  16. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

It was a complete and utter blunder, haven't seen one like that in a while. The thing that irks me the most about NRL, probably more than any sport in existence, is this stupid expectation that they will get every decision right. You can't have it both ways. Either we have a video referee who is usually quite quick but will make the occasional blunder, or one that chews up unnecessary amount of time to minimize errors.

17. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

With money involved on results these days, I think option 2 needs to be the one.
    But that particular incident last night I would have thought was a no brainer.

Legion and blue bags like this.
  18. blue bags

blue bags Bench

both bunker refs from the sharks v dragons Saturday game, been stood down from the Sunday game

19. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Now if that was a player doing that, investigations would be kicking off left right and centre. Bunker does it and nothing happens.

Tigerm and blue bags like this.