What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wishlist

inertia666

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
Does anybody like my idea about injury, fatigue and fitness carrying over in a season so players are less likely to play the entire season.

Also have the computer change teams based on these stats so that the teams will change that you are in control of.

yeah its called Sensible Soccer

NZtiger

Juniors
Goleel said:
If it wanted to get really tricky, and this is something no sports game has done extensively yet (it'd need to be on the PC and Xbox versions only), is save highlights of your season, great tries, big hits, etc... and then, if, and only if, you win the grand final, you get a montage of your season played back as a reward. This could also work for a post game wrapup or something like that, but I think it'd have more impact if it was the reward for winning the final.

sh*t, that's a good idea actually. Damn.

DAMN!!! THATS A F**KEN FANTASTIC IDEA!!!! YOU GOT MY VOTE!!!

NZtiger

Juniors
just a couple of things I thought of while playin the game.....

* emotions with try scoring...if a team scores in a major game (eg. GF, SOO) or in the last minutes to take the lead...the celebrations should be fanatic...while a team that scores a consolation try and are on the back of a hiding, should be pretty low key.

* A crowd countdown in the last sec's of the game would add atmosphere!

* Dummy runner plays that you can execute with your controller.

* if your player is stuck in a tackle and is being driven back, it would be cool to be able to add player/s to help him push back...especially if by your own goal-line.

* I know this has been said many times before, but SIDHE should definately add a jumping option to the BOMB plays. If you time it wrong, your player misses or drops the ball, and wind could also be a huge factor in the air balls..it would add so much to attacking options, and give that 50/50 feel to the up and unders!

heity84

Juniors
I think you ned to be able to do a simple drop off with a straight runner up the centre. I am a half and this is the most widely used play in footy. Make the drop off something easy to do like hitting left and right pass together making the outside player cut back and he gets the ball.

Phillips

Referee
take a piece out of Fifa 2004, so when a player has the ball it has his name down the bottom of the screen so you know who it is

heity84

Juniors
I think also that all players without the ball in attack should be running straight lines. when you make a break at the moment you pass to a support player who is running straight and he immediately changes to an angle run and into a defender. If the outside players were running straight it would make short balls and hole runnign easier and make the gameplay more realisitic. I also think you should be able to shoot out a marker like a quick pass so before the play the ball you pick a direction wiht the pass buttons and the first marker shoots in that direction. Of course if you pick the wrong way there would be a gap for the hooker making the hooker more effective and maximising dummy half runs.

Kasper

Bench
*A jump option.

*A replay option where you can control the replay like fast forward to the bits so you don't miss any.

*Franchise Mode

ripper

If the matrix system is used in the next version maybe while you doing a kick you can press R1 or L1 to curve the kick so they turn into Banana Kicks

Erhan

Juniors
MY WISHLIST

- Saving your replays like in ET's Rugby
- Having the players name down the bottom when in control (already mentioned)
- Ability to scoot out from dummy half. At the moment, you just get creamed by the markers
- The ability to step past a player with more control
- Be in control of a player without the ball, ie: a keystroke that will make the player in possesion throw a ball to you. The quality of the ball will depend on how well you position yourself to go through a gap. Fifa has done this for many years to exceptional effect.
- Scrums alot more realistic, not just a try scoring fest.
- Picking up a lose ball needs to be improved on, sometimes when there is a grubber through the computer insists that your fullback must pick it up and if he's not around the computer will grab it and score.

Thats all that comes to mind for now...

BJ

Juniors
*Being able to control a lengthy replay.. not just watch a 2 second shot.. if u make a break and run 90 metres to score.. u basically see ur player run 20 metres of that 90..
*fatigue meteres so that interchange is acctally useful
*SOO should be an option to play in regular season
*Franchise mode
*Video Ref
*better control of players ie jumping sliding etc
*players playing in position.. the one thing that makes me not want to play the game as much anymore is players out of position.. create an overlap and get it to your "winger".. and it's acctually my prop.. kicking in general play as well my prop ends up with the footy on the 5th..
just a few sugestions.. sum already noted.. but they are good so thought i'd re-enforce them

doovepop

Juniors
The ability to step past a player with more control
like in world championship rugby
change the passing system to like in world championship rugby
where u tap it twice it cuts out a player or have both ways.
man of the match
franshase mode
qld cup
training mode
video ref
jump button
punce button. say you put a grubber kick through and it bounces up you would catch it but if it doesn't you could punce on it and there is a change of you knocking it on or placing the ball down. just like in real life.
block kick button, charge downs
more camera angles
xbox live
anytime replays and save replays
realtime kicking or matrix style kicking
more commentators
when your ina tackle you make more ground eg when u press the takle button they just don't stop dead they move abit more
because in this game u just stop dead
but near the try line it's a different story

judicary
salary cup
more kicks eg banna kicks
commands in menu screen
more referees
double movement can be done
chants
music at half time
inside the dressing rooms
players bounce off posts and animations
ankle tap button not a animation
motion capture

whistle for ref
sand for ball
the national anthem eg state of origin
alot of different injuries
advantage rule
intercepts
referees talking to touch judges
see the coaches run on the field like in state of origin matches or grandfinals
fireworks
cheerleaders
more referee speech
a carreer mode
trade players

and alot more things
can't think of anymore yet

Sean7

Juniors
- First and foremost, fix the atrocious gameplay bugs that somehow made it into this year’s version
- Some play testing
- Stats that are actually counted correctly
- An accurate kicking arrow
- Player ratings that aren’t worked out by some homeless guy they found in a ditch
- A franchise mode with rookies, retirements etc.
- A decent replay feature
- Optional player names or numbers to appear above players’ heads so you can actually tell who the hell they are
- Improved commentary
- Improved graphics, especially player faces
- Player tendency ratings (like INSIDE DRIVE)
- Longer lasting injuries
- Grand finals that actually feel different to a regular season game
- Player stats for your team that can be looked at without having to cycle through every damn player in the league
- The option to turn off random gameplay elements such as head highs, spear tackles, knock ons and forward passes.
- Player AI that actually reacts to a teammate’s change in direction
- Player collisions. No more running directly through players please
- Opponents that actually know where the sideline is and know that it’s bad to dive straight over it when going for a try
- The ability to pick up a loose ball. Not just run straight through the damn thing. Can’t believe that would actually have to asked for
- Penalty kicks for touch that don’t end games
- Players rated out of 100, rather than 10, which means we won’t have as many clones
- The ability to edit player stats
- A virtual keyboard for typing in player names rather than having to cycle through each letter
- The ability to change a players’ position in game. Can’t believe it isn’t already there
- Suspensions
- The ability to have 2 or more seasons running concurrently with different players in your squad. Having to delete saved games if you want to start a new season with different players in your team is a complete joke. The season should only reference your team in the season save, not the one in the main customization menu. A HUGE oversight. Just now I have a custom team playing a season with Parramatta in it, but I want to start a new season as Parramatta, but with a few new players. Can't do it. What a joke.
- Players picked for Origin based on performance during the season
- Man of the match awards. Can’t believe this wasn’t there. Maybe some sort of Dally M system too
- The ability to cycle through your defenders in your defensive line with the triggers so you can select the defender you want to control. Would be especially useful for try line defense
- The ability to jump for bombs. A huge part of real League and here the players just stand under it
- Player AI smart enough not to just catch the ball inside the 10 off kick offs and drop outs
- Unlockables that aren’t just standard features that should be there out of the box
- The option to turn the matrix kicking on or off and also the ability to turn off the zoom when attempting to kick
- The ability to tackle someone who dummies or steps. The control should never be taken out of the gamers’ hand. If the computer fools me, so be it, but don’t take away my ability to make the tackle. Winning or losing should come down to skill, not luck

how about different pitch sizes for different grounds. for exmple london broncos pitch is very narrow while warringtons pitch is th widest pitch in super league