What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With The Benefit Of Hindsight....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Given my age I saw but don't really remember Pricey, I'd have Caylo in his place, Hindy one spot lower. But yeah otherwise, somewhere in the 3-6 range for great Eels behind Sterlo and Kenny (who I did get to see at the end of their careers an remember something about) at the very least
Caylo higher than Hindy???

Bazal

Post Whore

For me, yes, by just enough. Similar players IMO, tough as balls and bled for the side. Caylo better with the footy and more influential though I thought. Hindmarsh was a poor leader.

I know you've got a little bee in the bonnet about him but a poor leader doesn't make the most caps of any NRL captain ever.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
For me, yes, by just enough. Similar players IMO, tough as balls and bled for the side. Caylo better with the footy and more influential though I thought. Hindmarsh was a poor leader.

I know you've got a little bee in the bonnet about him but a poor leader doesn't make the most caps of any NRL captain ever.
Mate Caylo isn’t fit to do up Hindy’s bootlaces IMO.

He wouldn’t even make my best ever run on side, I’d have Pay and Fui.

He was carried for years and our highest paid player, while Hindy carried the team single handed at times. I agree Hindy wasn’t a great leader but at least he never went missing in the big moments. Caylo could also be relied to drop the ball at the most inopportune moment. He was a very good front rower and a solid leader but hardly close to our great ever Eels IMO.

hindy111

Post Whore

Cayless doesn't even get a mention from me. Solid forward who went a few years to long. Zero impact bending the line and low skills. I would put him int the Tim Mannah mould.

J.Smith,Hayne,Hindmarsh,MoiMoi,Semi, J.Lyon, Beautner would be my best 7 since the 90s....Tahu just misses out.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Cayless doesn't even get a mention from me. Solid forward who went a few years to long. Zero impact bending the line and low skills. I would put him int the Tim Mannah mould.

J.Smith,Hayne,Hindmarsh,MoiMoi,Semi, J.Lyon, Beautner would be my best 7 since the 90s....Tahu just misses out.
No Penishands Torpedo???

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ray Price period.
Its no coincidence our last premership was the year he retired. Price was the epitome of leadership.
I think Hindy probably replaces Peter Wynn in the previously nominated best 13. I also think Fui replaces Pay and Semi replaces Glover. Other than those 3 imho the original best ever Eels team remains just that.

Ray Price period.
Its no coincidence our last premership was the year he retired. Price was the epitome of leadership.
I think Hindy probably replaces Peter Wynn in the previously nominated best 13. I also think Fui replaces Pay and Semi replaces Glover. Other than those 3 imho the original best ever Eels team remains just that.

Well it wasn't a coincidence, but it also had a lot to do with the fact that the club took a long time to work out that the way the game was being played had changed. And Pricey reminds me too much of Rammy at the moment.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Well it wasn't a coincidence, but it also had a lot to do with the fact that the club took a long time to work out that the way the game was being played had changed. And Pricey reminds me too much of Rammy at the moment.
He was perfect for the time. But the times, they are becoming quite different.

bobdylan_timeschangin.jpg

parra pete

Referee
With the benefit of hindsight, Bob would not have sat as close to the violin player.....then again he might not have become famous...Six of one, half a dozen of the other....."Wooden't eye"....

parra pete

Referee
A woman got breast implants made of wood yesterday.
renderTimingPixel.png

This joke would be funny if it had a punchline

Wooden tit

Latest posts