What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Withers signs?

greeneyed

First Grade
I don't rate Witt. Happy if he goes to Manly, not us.

I guess we are still waiting to see on Withers.... we could usefully use him and he is a junior.

edabomb

First Grade
Majority says Mogg is good, Tongue is good etc.....

Logic and common sense say Wiki and Weyman are good.....

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
thickos said:
innsaneink said:
Have the Raiders offered Withers a 4 year deal?

Four........almost unheard of these days.

What's your source ink?

Carney signed a 4 yr deal with the Raiders earlier this season. Good idea to keep the wolves (re: roosters) from the door.

From what i heard (from the people who run WT eg: Noyce and players) withers has been offered a massive 4yr contract by the raiders, but they want him to play a halfback/hooker role.
BUT
Wests Tigers have also offered him a smaller contract.
The RLW article was false about WT pulling out.
Also, Lincoln is wanting to go to back to WT because of previously stated reasons (mates, likes the club....ect) but he is tempted by both offers

I guess its just a choice between money (raiders) and friendship (tigers)

Apparently he would sign one of the contracts by TODAY

Raider_69

Post Whore
by today?
interesting
to be honest id perfer him at the tigers
they need him, IMO we dont, Luke Jay is coming up and looks to be a more than compitent hooker for when Germ retires and we have a wealth of halves talent if they are just give a go

a waste of money IMO, i wouldnt see him playing a large role in first grade, perfer to save the money for someone major next season, we have got ALOT of people coming off contract, we will need all the cash we can get

jed

First Grade
CULLUS.ONLINE said:
I guess its just a choice between money (raiders) and friendship (tigers)

I believe that's the first time that the Raiders have been equated with "money" :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
Raider_69 said:
they need him, IMO we dont, Luke Jay is coming up and looks to be a more than compitent hooker for when Germ retires and we have a wealth of halves talent if they are just give a go

a waste of money IMO, i wouldnt see him playing a large role in first grade, perfer to save the money for someone major next season, we have got ALOT of people coming off contract, we will need all the cash we can get
:roll: :roll: Raider 69: get your head out of your arse - you can't rely on juniors for short term success. for all we know anyway, Luke Jay might leave to another club anyway, or maybe he will just be an average player. in the modern game, you need as many good players as you can. you can't be stingy, if you've got the money, spend it. if we get Withers for 4 years, we can release Woolford at the end of next year anyway, freeing up our cap and our options.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Agree with Kris.
What if Jay turns out to be shite. There are plenty of gun juniors, very few of them deliver in first grade.
I think it's likely that Germ will be ESL bound next year and i would far prefer having a, somewhat, experinced first grader in Withers replacing him rather then relying on Lawerence and an unproven junior.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Kris_man said:
Raider_69 said:

:roll: :roll: Raider 69: get your head out of your arse - you can't rely on juniors for short term success. for all we know anyway, Luke Jay might leave to another club anyway, or maybe he will just be an average player. in the modern game, you need as many good players as you can. you can't be stingy, if you've got the money, spend it. if we get Withers for 4 years, we can release Woolford at the end of next year anyway, freeing up our cap and our options.

he maybe, but i say cross that bridge when we come to it, id prefer to take the risk and then if all falls through buy someone that is a tad better than withers

to be honest i dont rate withers that highly, i think we could do better with the money, if we signed him i dont think he would be good enough to dislodge any of the blokes we have and for 4 years?
i say sign him, but for 2, 4 years on a high contract is too much these days IMO

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
he maybe, but i say cross that bridge when we come to it, id prefer to take the risk and then if all falls through buy someone that is a tad better than withers

What if there's nothing good on offer. Then were stuck without a decent hooker for who knows how long.
We will never gain the sucess we once had if we don't plan ahead.

i say sign him, but for 2, 4 years on a high contract is too much these days IMO

Agree with that. 4 years seems a little long.

Latest posts