What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Without your team, Who would you support?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Macca said:
I grew up in a house of Souths Supporters.

My old man and 2 older brothers wouldn't let me go for anyone else. I always liked the Sharks, being my local side but if anyone asked me, I told them I was a Souths supporter, even though I used to sneak out to Shark Park as much as possible.

In 99 I followed Souths to almost every game. Average home crowd was around 5000 that year. They were booted out because "the faithful" weren't showing up. 800000 of these people managed to march up George St but only 5000 could make to home games? That was it for me.

I took this as an opportunity to finally make the change I had always wanted to. I bought season seats and even converted my Dad over. I am now a very proud Sharks fan and if they were ever to leave the comp I'd just about give up.

So you dumped your club for social reasons? Only 5000 people to hold your hand?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well, my earliest memory ever was the 86 GF, My family is Parra and so am i and love the team to pieces, not only because of the players we've had, but what Parramatta does for charities, and the good deeds the club try's and does.

If people knew what the Parramatta club done for my deceased cousin they'd probably also support them. Well one of the things they did was give him a GF jersey with all the signatures on it, atleast it will be with him forever.

However, if Parra went tomorrow, i'd struggle.

Lets see, i was born in Bankstown hospital, grew up in Georges hall, went to De La Salle Bankstown, played for Sports and Cheso.....no f**king way i'd be a scum dogs fan. Seeing Terry lamb turning up to our oval in a Super League cap just shows the arrogence of the club. By living in the district i knew what type of scum they were, even done work experience with them and they were as rude as piss.

Manly, the'll be dead again in 3 years once Max pisses off.

Souths-Yeah not to bad, underdogs, always liked Steve Mavin.

West Tigers- hmmm, another one i don't mind, but i'd prefer just Balmain

Cronulla- yeah like the Sharks, love the area, but no history, if they win a comp then maybe, atleast they'll have some history

Penrith- Nahhh, don't mind them, but they don't give me goose bumps as a side.

Roosters- No comment

So I'd probably be Dragons fan, gotta love the history of the club, great players they produced, and even as a Eels fan, our clubs seem to have a friendly banter which is weird for once fierce rivals