What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Without your team, Who would you support?

bjm8

Juniors
les norton said:
I would have a crack at the titans; experience the phenomena of actually living near and being able to go to home games.

agreed. but only if the tigers never existed, which therefore meant seagull sattler had nothing to do with our club.

Knightmare

Coach
gregstar said:
if saints dissappeared, i'd lose a great deal of interest. i'd watch the game for the sake of seeing good footy but wouldn't feel overly attached to any team.

i'm already that way with origin & have been for over a decade.

How is that? Are you not from Qld or NSW?

ByRd

First Grade
I honestly dont know, i would lose interest in the game for a while if the Mighty Bulldogs wont there but as i live in Campsie, i would probably support the Tigers or Dragons yukkkkk

Coastbloke

Bench
I was a North Sydney Bears supporter until the war crime of 1999...

I switched to Knights without to many problems, and now even if there was a CC Bears team, I would stick with the Knights...

If the Knights weren't in the comp - Can you think of a team more needed in the NRL...??? - I'd probaly support Brisbane or Parra.

But there's always my local teams - Woy Woy or Umina and there's always League somewhere

Snoz

Juniors
i go for manly

would be a toss up between storm, titans or raiders.

could never go for the likes of roosters, dragons, parra, sharks or dogs

_Johnsy

Referee
I cannot understand the whole "No other team" psyche. I love the dragons, but and i state, do not love them above the game of rugby league. This is a clear distinction. For me growing up on the coast, it would have to be the titans. i am moving back to brissy in 08 and cannot wait to get back to some games that don't involve the cowgirls.

MKEB...

Staff member
Before NZ had the Warriors, I was for the sharks. ET was god. So I would probably support them again.

innsaneink

Referee
_Johnsy said:
I cannot understand the whole "No other team" psyche. I love the dragons, but and i state, do not love them above the game of rugby league. This is a clear distinction. For me growing up on the coast, it would have to be the titans. i am moving back to brissy in 08 and cannot wait to get back to some games that don't involve the cowgirls.

You cant understand "no other team" yet you state you love the game more than your team.....

I'd have thought you'd follow the game without following a team if the Dragons werent there, but you say you'd opt for the Titans, your post seems conflicting to me.

Misty Bee

First Grade
nqboy said:
I'm pretty excited about the Titans coming in, mainly because it's so good for Rugby League for so many reasons. Other than that, maybe Souths, if they can get their sh*t together, or Melbourne.

Souths, Broncos, Cowpats now Titans.....you are as loyal as Phil Blake! :lol::lol:

Macca

Coach
I grew up in a house of Souths Supporters.

My old man and 2 older brothers wouldn't let me go for anyone else. I always liked the Sharks, being my local side but if anyone asked me, I told them I was a Souths supporter, even though I used to sneak out to Shark Park as much as possible.

In 99 I followed Souths to almost every game. Average home crowd was around 5000 that year. They were booted out because "the faithful" weren't showing up. 800000 of these people managed to march up George St but only 5000 could make to home games? That was it for me.

I took this as an opportunity to finally make the change I had always wanted to. I bought season seats and even converted my Dad over. I am now a very proud Sharks fan and if they were ever to leave the comp I'd just about give up.

nqboy

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Souths, Broncos, Cowpats now Titans.....you are as loyal as Phil Blake! :lol::lol:
Ah Misty, still stalking me? The question was asked, I answered. Find fault with my logic.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Storm. I'd support my city of birth and I am a fan of their players and style of play. Hopefully panthers don't get kicked out though!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
God forbid anything ever happening to the Warriors. But next in line for me to follow are the Broncos. Then Knights and then Storm.

_Johnsy

Referee
Ink

It can easily be a horse or the cart argument for both views. I love the game like no other, and i love my drags like no other. Which would be the lesser love?

Not watching the game at all, or not watching the mighty red V.

I love the game enough to be able to form some sort of "attachment" to the game, afterall what is our game without emotion, passion.

Quigs

Immortal
No Sharks, no me. After 40 years I am a one team man out of one shire.

Cheers
Quigs

Latest posts