What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Witt and Thorman

Misty Bee

First Grade
I'm watching the Austar replay as I type. Upon discussing Thorman's lack of impact, the commonater points out that Witt is in Premier League this week. WTF is going on????

Thorman, clearly, isn't a halfback. The feet are not nimble, he's a bit too big, not a slick kicker. BUt, as he showed in his running game, he would be a lot better at...5/8? What was he for England A when we c
bought him?

WHY THE HELL HAVE WE NOT SEEN IN FIRST GRADE "6 Thorman, 7 Witt" YET????

scottyeel

Bench
Misty Bee said:
I'm watching the Austar replay as I type. Upon discussing Thorman's lack of impact, the commonater points out that Witt is in Premier League this week. WTF is going on????

Thorman, clearly, isn't a halfback. The feet are not nimble, he's a bit too big, not a slick kicker. BUt, as he showed in his running game, he would be a lot better at...5/8? What was he for England A when we c
bought him?

WHY THE HELL HAVE WE NOT SEEN IN FIRST GRADE "6 Thorman, 7 Witt" YET????[/quote]
because that would give us 2 attacking options.

Misty Bee

First Grade
maybe right, Jake, but the kid was never given a go. Brian Smith, hang your thick and empty head in shame!!!!!

messiah7

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
The word thorman should never be seen on any Parra team Sheet again along with other names such as Pearson etc

I totally agree, What the hell is Brian Smith thinking!!!!
his brain explosions are getting worse. The teams performance 2night was a discrace. THORMAN TELLS US TO GET F****D AND WITT PLAYS IN PREMIER LEAGUE :lol: :lol:

MrT

Juniors
Look at the Bigger picture, who's responsible for Brian Smith still being at the club?
Is it Fitzgerald?
Well perhaps he should pack his bags also

Unreal V

Juniors
Thorman is a 5/8, Dykes is a 5/8, Wagon is not a 5/8 Witt is a half back if not a half witt but he is our future and will come good, every body knows this execpt Brian Smith.

Tonight I was wishing we had Paul Green for another year.

Brian Smith is a dick.

Avenger

Immortal
MrT said:
Look at the Bigger picture, who's responsible for Brian Smith still being at the club?
Is it Fitzgerald?
Well perhaps he should pack his bags also

Fitzy is the cancer, Brian is the malignant tumour.

Micheal Witt will not solve our halfback issues. He doesn't know how to lead the team around and his passing game is not that good, Best posy for him is either 5/8 or hooker.

thedux

Juniors
Witt's development next year is going to depend a lot on how dominant our forwards are because that bunch of sissies that played last night would have Joey struggling. Vella and Hindy had some go-forward but the rest just seem happy to collect their paychecks each week. I really think that anyone who is not going to be at the club next year should be in prems but then you are going to have problems with semis eligibility, so that might explain Witt being in PL.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Micheal Witt will not solve our halfback issues. He doesn't know how to lead the team around and his passing game is not that good, Best posy for him is either 5/8 or hooker.

So you mustn't have watcehd the chooks game

wittyz chick

Coach
Jake the snake said:

but Jake seriously rite now he is our best (with Dykesy and Morris being injured) and with Thorman not going to be here next yr we need to bring through the talent that will be here next yr (juniors) as well as Witt because he will be the halfback (as we havent signed one yet).

Maybe if we can get Morris back we can try the combination of Morris/Witt.

And with them forwards...we all saw against the Roosters and sometime last yr that when they went forward Witt was able to show his ability with more to come. So if they dont go forward (or if they ignore Witts instructions) Witt is stuck

Eelementary

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:

bought him?

WHY THE HELL HAVE WE NOT SEEN IN FIRST GRADE "6 Thorman, 7 Witt" YET????

Like I said elsewhere when someone asked why we didn't play Dykes at 5/8 and Witt at 7 from day one: ARE YOU INSANE? Playing our best 5/8 at 5/8 and our best halfback at halfback?

Seriously though. I seriously cannot understand why we didn't play Dykes at 6 and Witt at 7 from day one. By now we'd probably be sitting a little prettier if both these guys could have formed a partnership.

But alas!

A useless lock at 5/8 is the way to go.

ParraMatt

Bench
he does know how, What we need is him to have more confidence, He controls the team in PL, He leads the way, talks alot. In First Grade he doesn't do this, When he does he will be lethal.

Eelementary

Post Whore
1. Witt has a bucketload of talent

2. Next year, we will have a very strong forward pack which will go forward

3. If we play Morris or another competent 5/8 with Witt, Witt will shine even further

4. To BS: Don't you think the smartest thing to do if, according to you, he needs to fine-tune his game, is to play him in Firsts for the rest of the season? He is very talented - we will not do worse with him at 7.

wittyz chick

Coach
Eelementary said:
1. Witt has a bucketload of talent

2. Next year, we will have a very strong forward pack which will go forward

3. If we play Morris or another competent 5/8 with Witt, Witt will shine even further

4. To BS: Don't you think the smartest thing to do if, according to you, he needs to fine-tune his game, is to play him in Firsts for the rest of the season? He is very talented - we will not do worse with him at 7.

but dont you see...we mite actually win
Smithy wont want that nooooo

but I agree anyway

Witt has not got what it takes become a halfback. You at leat need to have a Passing game or a Running game, He has neither. He goes missing to often when the halfback needs to take control.

Latest posts