What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wizard Cup

meltiger

First Grade
Go Richmond :) :) Let's hope the new Tiger Cubs roar tonight

I think St Kilda is going to be very difficult to shake again this year.

wittyfan

Referee
Hehehe, it's always good to see Collingwood lose. :D

The West Coast-Fremantle was a cracker, though it went really late because of the time difference. Go Ben Cousins! :mrgreen:

dougthelegend

Juniors
So far - Collingwood played pretty well to fight back in the last quarter, and West Coast overcame a pretty committed Freemantle side.

Just read that Sydney lost to the Bulldogs.

My tips for the rest of the round:

Brisbane Lions Vs Melbourne Demons
Hawthorn Vs St Kilda
Carlton Vs Essendon
Kangaroos Vs Geelong
Adelaide Vs Port Adelaide

CyberKev

Staff member
Choppies said:
Go Hawks :D

(the game is on but I wont be watching it till it comes on Fox Footy) :(

St Kilda never headed all night, and looked awesome in the opening term.

Hawthorn would have been bitterly disappointed at losing, but would have been happy with the signs to come out of the fab fightback from 39 points down in the 2nd to only lose by 9.

The Saints were too tall up front, but Croad performed strongly on Riewoldt and Campbell totally blanketed Koschitzke after the big man ran amok in the opening term.

Hawthorn had some good chances to win this game, but were let down by occasional overcooking of the football and indifferent forward options. Well done to the Saints for playing so strongly early and for being able to steady at the death knell when the game was up for grabs.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
anyone know if the Cats/Kangaroos game is live on TV or updates on the net

camsmith

Juniors
Yeh tiges played "alright" only pre-season so dont read too much into the game (or else you would be saying brisbane will win the wooden spoon!! )

Went to the saints game... and hawthorn were soooo close. They really need to work on some basic skills.. like kicking!! they could have easily won the game.

But o well,the only real reason i wanted richmond to win was 1, i would get to see them on tv the next week! and 2, it was collingwood.

But not too be. Bring on ROUND 1.. of the REAL season :D

meltiger

First Grade
AuckMel said:
Well, back luck, meltiger.

Your guys had it won, but lost.

Meh,

Four good things to come out of the weekend.

Richmond are better than last year
Essendon lost so I can watch next weeks games without having to watch them
Brisbane lost so I can watch next weeks games without having to watch them
Collingwood are still shit, were lucky they were playing a useless bunch of twats and won't make the finals this year - Real shame too.

Cupid Stunt

OI! Someone talk up the 'Dogs. We finally win a game & everyone ignores it.
:clap:
On a sour note, we STILL cant kick a ball bloody straight... #-o

chileman

Coach
Cupid Stunt said:
Do you think the Dogs would have won if Sydney actually rested some of their reserves for some 1st grade players :lol: didn't see it but heard it was a pretty scrappy game!

Cupid Stunt

I couldn't care if Sydney trotted out the U13's Baulkham Hills Netball team, it was a win for Western & they are just way to few & far between... :lol:

meltiger

First Grade
Cupid Stunt said:

:lol:

Alright, I will add two more positives to the list from the w/e's games...

#5 - Footscray getting a win. Good start for the boys under Rocket, and let's hope they keep coming. Good membership figures so far this year and all the talk down here is that they will turn a profit this year. A good Wizard Cup performance will only help that along.

#6 - Judas. He is still as shit as he was at Richmond and by the end of the year Geelong are going to wonder what they were thinking paying the lazy, wanker of a man so much money.... Look forward to seeing you in Round 1 Otto.

chileman

Coach
Cupid Stunt said:
I couldn't care if Sydney trotted out the U13's Baulkham Hills Netball team, it was a win for Western & they are just way to few & far between... :lol:
If it was the U13's netball team the Bulldogs probably would have lost :p :twisted:

Cupid Stunt

meltiger said:
& well done to the Doggies!!!

Well said Mel!

Your brothers obvious talent in choosing AFL teams is finally rubbing off! ;-)

But best of all majors out-numbered misses for the first time in 47 bloody years! :D

Latest posts