What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WK 2 Game Suspension - Ref Collision

Poss

Juniors
What?

From NRL.com

Sharks fullback Will Kennedy faces a one to two match suspension for contact with referee Adam Gee during Friday night's 58-6 defeat of Wests Tigers.

Kennedy sent Gee tumbling when he ran into him from behind in the 13th minute of the match at PointsBet Stadium.

If he enters an early plea Kennedy will receive a one match ban but if he unsuccessfully challenges the Grade 2 Contrary Conduct charge he will be suspended for two matches.

DJDL

Bench
Just watched the replay of it.
Bubba has eyes for Iro and sets his course.
Gee stops, then takes 2-3 steps backwards and to his right, straight into the path of Bubba.
I'd be fighting it, but I think we all know how it will go.

DJDL

Bench
Assuming Bubba does cop a week - who plays 1?
Ison?
Vea'ila to wing and Ronnie to the back?

The cupboard looks pretty bare with Dykes, Stonestreet and Hiroti all out.

coolumsharkie

Referee
It's accidental but in this crazy world we live in the onus will probably be n the player to "watch out" for the ref ffs.

Assuming Bubba does cop a week - who plays 1?
Ison?
Vea'ila to wing and Ronnie to the back?

The cupboard looks pretty bare with Dykes, Stonestreet and Hiroti all out.
I think it might be Iro to No.1, with Sifa back in the centres, or Ronnie with Iro to wing, who knows

chewsta

First Grade
Absolutely fight it. Neither the ref or WK could have avoided the collision. Complete accident.

This is as absurd as Dale getting suspended because of an accidental head clash.

PJ

First Grade
If this was one of the nrl darlings like Walsh or Burton there'd be no charge.

Fight it.

Time to make a stand

SharkShocked

Bench
Absolute laugh.

Kennedy at all times is looking at the ball carrier and full hammer to get there for support.

If he ran completely across the referee's line with zero care of where he was then sure i could understand it to a small degree.

There is NO way what happened warrants anything other than Kennedy asking him in the next break are you alright mate, sorry for my part in that.

I wonder if this didn't happen and therefore they've charged him.

Quigs

Immortal
He (WK) is getting what he deserves because you all know that Bubba is a serial disrupter.

He is the most penalised player in the history of the NRL to be stung for disrupting oppositional fullbacks and wingers from attempting to catch bombs.

Omnishark2

Juniors
Agree with everyone - an absolute joke !!

Unfortunately there's no point risking a 2 match ban to fight it - they will say Will could have changed his line. Doesn't help when Gee has positioned himself very poorly - the onus is on the referee just as much as the player.

R-15-3

Bench
Blessing in disguise really.
We need to have a back up ready if Will gets injured.
Ison is a star of the future but not ready but 1 week maybe worth it for him to get a taste but doubt it.
Shonestreet and Hiroti still out and DA in the half’s leaves Iro or Ronaldo? Personally I’d love to see what Ronnie can offer at the back