What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wk2 Finals: Parra v Souths GAME DAY thread (10/10/20)

Chipmunk

Coach
I can't see this ending well for us tonight.

It would be a monumental upset that would go against any form line

Do we have any aspects to our game at the moment that has delivered any kind of success in a finals series?
  • a few injuries
  • our biggest weakness (edge defence) up against our opponents biggest strength (ability to create tries on the edge)
  • relatively inexperienced group of players in the spine
  • an inability to create anything from set situations
  • a long kicking game that tends to find the player on the full more times than not
  • very little impact coming from the bench players, who are really only able to fill a hole whilst our main players get a break
  • no momentum from previous weeks
  • overall poor form for the last 3 months
  • an inability to rectify any of the deficiencies we've had throughout the season
  • a poor recent history of wins in Finals matches
  • an overall propensity not to be able to get the job done when put under pressure
I'm sure if I spent more time on it than a few minutes I could come up with more.

Having said all that, you've got to be in it to win it and we can live in hope of some kind of turn around (some might say a miracle).

I can't see this ending well for us tonight.

PS - You can add experienced player ruled out on game day unexpectedly to the list.

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Is salmon available for selection? Or waqa back to centre and haze to make his debut

Soto

Bench
I wonder if Haze Dunster now plays.. We would need special dispensation from the NRL as he was cut from 19 man squad last night..what a shambles

Soto

Bench
Jai field to 6 and Dbrown to centre.

or Gutho to centre and field to fullback
Depends if NRL will allow us to use a player not initially named in the 21..otherwise Will Smith comes into the starting line up and Kaufusi on the bench

IFR33K

Coach
Depends if NRL will allow us to use a player not initially named in the 21..otherwise Will Smith comes into the starting line up and Kaufusi on the bench

Shit forgot about the prince. I’d go with him at 1 and Gutho at centre