What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wobbo’s Whinges

Valheru

Coach
Quotes from Brandon Smith @Valheru

He said his own poor understanding of the rules contributed to the injury, and offered a tip for young players.

"It was a little bit of my f--k up ... when I dived on the ball, no one touched me. I thought Elliot was trying to do a little sneaky, coz he's a little cunning bastard.

"I've seen circumstances where if you get up and play the ball when no one's touched you, it's a knock-on because it's a voluntary tackle.

"So I got up to try and get away so he wouldn't tackle me again.

"If you're a young player, learn the rules. It might cost you an ACL."

Source https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/oth...TS&cvid=48cd0517c0ef42c799a90b0f2fb2224a&ei=7
The ref also told him to play on

Either way, it doesn't mean he is free game for foul play which is exactly what it was whether anyone likes it or not. Not egregious foul play but at the end of the day it snapped his ACL.

soc123_au

Staff member

Either way, it doesn't mean he is free game for foul play which is exactly what it was whether anyone likes it or not. Not egregious foul play but at the end of the day it snapped his ACL.
Some things are just unfortunate accidents. This was one of them.

skeepe

Immortal

Brandon Smith contributed far more to it than Whitehead did. If anything, Smith snapped his own ACL.

Valheru

Coach
Some things are just unfortunate accidents. This was one of them.
Just because it's an accient doesn't mean it's not against the rules

I mean all high shots are accidents unless you're thinking they do it on purpose? I see crushers that can only be described as accidental penalised nearly every game

dogslife

Coach
JWH and Radley are good blokes who are unfairly targeted.

The guy who doesn't play for my team is a thug.

Am I doing this right?

MugaB

Coach
For some of us Robinson appeared to be a good guy with a good heart and healthy view of the game up to about three years or four ago. Now he just comes across a whinging hypocrite. Last weekend all he did was consolidate a view many of us have moved to where he is a spiteful and malicious asshole. How times have changed.
Nothings changed that disgraceful merkinlip tomato faced hypocritical wankfest of a coach has always been like this, the total fact that club exists bewilders me, fancy calling yourself "Sydney" among 8 other clubs, get farkd... robbo should have had 3 times as many premierships by now if he could actually coach... (which he cant) just buying talent isn't enough, most clubs get exposed by lack of coaching... nope, not this club.. uncle Nick needs to step in and change out that useless mouthpiece with a real coach, maybe they can not shit the bed come finals

Latest posts