What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wobbo’s Whinges

Valheru

Coach
Quotes from Brandon Smith @Valheru

He said his own poor understanding of the rules contributed to the injury, and offered a tip for young players.

"It was a little bit of my f--k up ... when I dived on the ball, no one touched me. I thought Elliot was trying to do a little sneaky, coz he's a little cunning bastard.

"I've seen circumstances where if you get up and play the ball when no one's touched you, it's a knock-on because it's a voluntary tackle.

"So I got up to try and get away so he wouldn't tackle me again.

"If you're a young player, learn the rules. It might cost you an ACL."

Source https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/oth...TS&cvid=48cd0517c0ef42c799a90b0f2fb2224a&ei=7
The ref also told him to play on

Either way, it doesn't mean he is free game for foul play which is exactly what it was whether anyone likes it or not. Not egregious foul play but at the end of the day it snapped his ACL.

soc123_au

Staff member

Either way, it doesn't mean he is free game for foul play which is exactly what it was whether anyone likes it or not. Not egregious foul play but at the end of the day it snapped his ACL.
Some things are just unfortunate accidents. This was one of them.

skeepe

Immortal

Brandon Smith contributed far more to it than Whitehead did. If anything, Smith snapped his own ACL.

Valheru

Coach
Some things are just unfortunate accidents. This was one of them.
Just because it's an accient doesn't mean it's not against the rules

I mean all high shots are accidents unless you're thinking they do it on purpose? I see crushers that can only be described as accidental penalised nearly every game

MugaB

Coach
For some of us Robinson appeared to be a good guy with a good heart and healthy view of the game up to about three years or four ago. Now he just comes across a whinging hypocrite. Last weekend all he did was consolidate a view many of us have moved to where he is a spiteful and malicious asshole. How times have changed.
Nothings changed that disgraceful merkinlip tomato faced hypocritical wankfest of a coach has always been like this, the total fact that club exists bewilders me, fancy calling yourself "Sydney" among 8 other clubs, get farkd... robbo should have had 3 times as many premierships by now if he could actually coach... (which he cant) just buying talent isn't enough, most clubs get exposed by lack of coaching... nope, not this club.. uncle Nick needs to step in and change out that useless mouthpiece with a real coach, maybe they can not shit the bed come finals

Valheru

Coach
Nothings changed that disgraceful merkinlip tomato faced hypocritical wankfest of a coach has always been like this, the total fact that club exists bewilders me, fancy calling yourself "Sydney" among 8 other clubs, get farkd... robbo should have had 3 times as many premierships by now if he could actually coach... (which he cant) just buying talent isn't enough, most clubs get exposed by lack of coaching... nope, not this club.. uncle Nick needs to step in and change out that useless mouthpiece with a real coach, maybe they can not shit the bed come finals
You understand Sydney is a suburb right?

It always amuses me the "sack Robbo" calls from opposition fans when they claim it's for our own good as if you actually want us to be more successful. You think he'd have 9 premierships if "he could coach"? He's only had 11 completed seasons so which Penrith comp are you thinking they were lucky to win because Robbo is so shit?

By the way, his finals record is 58.3% which is marginally behind Ivan's at 62.5% or 1 win as they have both coached 24 finals games. That's when Ivan can manage to get his team to the finals which he only does 55% of the time ;)

soc123_au

Staff member

It always amuses me the "sack Robbo" calls from opposition fans when they claim it's for our own good as if you actually want us to be more successful. You think he'd have 9 premierships if "he could coach"? He's only had 11 completed seasons so which Penrith comp are you thinking they were lucky to win because Robbo is so shit?

By the way, his finals record is 58.3% which is marginally behind Ivan's at 62.5% or 1 win as they have both coached 24 finals games. That's when Ivan can manage to get his team to the finals which he only does 55% of the time ;)
I dont want Robbo sacked. I like it that you have a weak link. God help us all if you had a Bellamy level coach, our 3 peat would look like a pre season cup win in 10 years.

MugaB

Coach

I never said sack him, he is just an embarresment..
Keep him for all i care, it just shows how inept the club is, that stacked roster could easily beat the panthers if A. They had a proper coach, and B. Weren't driven by egotistical emotions on field..
The league is lucky Cooper retired when he did, when he left he took the only football braincells you guys had

MugaB

Coach
So you're saying our roster is far better than everyone else's?

That's news to @Chins get the wins because he thinks our roster f**king sucks lol
You guys are immensely talented, just lack any direction, you all pull in separate ways, tedesco crab shuffles from player to player whilst pulling up his big boy shorts, radley, collins and jwh just hit folk high, or penalties then wonder why the games are so tight or why youve lost... the blond butchering boy is constantly either penalties or dropping balls, Sam Walker does whatever, and brains it, but no one is ever ready for it.. the cheese does that too just without actual talent, but moreso effort.. Keary is made of glass, only guy I rate is joey manu, as he does whatever is best for the team, and always turns up

Bazal

Post Whore
You guys are immensely talented, just lack any direction, you all pull in separate ways, tedesco crab shuffles from player to player whilst pulling up his big boy shorts, radley, collins and jwh just hit folk high, or penalties then wonder why the games are so tight or why youve lost... the blond butchering boy is constantly either penalties or dropping balls, Sam Walker does whatever, and brains it, but no one is ever ready for it.. the cheese does that too just without actual talent, but moreso effort.. Keary is made of glass, only guy I rate is joey manu, as he does whatever is best for the team, and always turns up

I think this is accurate. It's a high quality top 17 or so, but it's poorly assembled as a roster IMO and with pretty average depth.

Ofc the depth is the price you pay for the top of the squad.

MugaB

Coach
I think this is accurate. It's a high quality top 17 or so, but it's poorly assembled as a roster IMO and with pretty average depth.

Ofc the depth is the price you pay for the top of the squad.
Well apparently they are all on unders
Screenshot_20240906_142354_Samsung Internet.jpg
Grab your paper bags on the way out fellas....

When you have too much top line talent, you lack direction... everyone wants to shine, but its all one out, any other club would dream to secure just one of their players, let alone the top 10 they have

Last edited: