What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wolfmother to play at grand final

carcharias

Immortal
better than that f**kwit jon stevens

HUH?

He did about the best performance in grand Final I have seen.

Damn tough gig ...reverberating sound ...shyte crowd participation.

compared to others he was Micheal Jackson compared to Jason Jackson..

Mr Saab

Referee
The SG Ball relay always takes place on GF day if I recall correctly. Odd years they've had little comps like that. But it's kinda become a pre-requisite for all sporting codes to have some kind of entertainment pre-match on their Grand Final Day.

Thats fine, but people would appreciate it if it were players from the 14 other clubs involved from 1st grade who obviously missed out.
If the dogs and dragons make the GF then Hazem and Soward cant compete in the comp...not the end of the world, but it would have every fans eyes glued to the playing arena to watch players from the 14 clubs involved in other activities.

flip

Juniors
Wolfmother are only doing it for themselves, they have an album coming out in October so the easiest way for them to get promotion for it is the Grand Final. I doubt they give a crap about Rugby League.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont see why there is hate for wolfmother?
great aussie band who now have a new lineup minus andrew stockdale...
stockdale is from erskineville.... the heart of the rabbits and all other members are from brissy so surely they love there footy.
unlike living end who are afl lovers....

good band, unsure what the new stuff will be like but the old stuff is awesome and perfect for the grand final

you can call them imitators of led zepplin if you wish, but they have acheived alot from one album....
especially as rock is pretty much dead

carcharias

Immortal
Wolfmother are only doing it for themselves, they have an album coming out in October so the easiest way for them to get promotion for it is the Grand Final. I doubt they give a crap about Rugby League.

I doubt you have a clue what your talking about.

bobmar28

Bench
thats what i dont get, why spend money on these acts when people arent going there to watch bands play anyway? the grand final itself is the event, not these bands who play 3 songs and delay the kickoff.

who the f**k goes 'oh i'll go to the gf/origin/test/game' just cos they've got band x to play'?

It adds to the atmosphere.