What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Womens Internationals

TheParraboy

Staff member
Kaur didnt listen to Brad Hodges' masterclass when facing both off and leg spin

India 4/50 - 9 overs

Yes Australian cricket's archilles heel.. spin again almost sinks us. Building practice tracks that replicate Indian dust bowls at the Brisbane Academy that host spin camps for our best emerging spinners is a good move to improve our international spin stocks for sub continental tours. Yet the real problem.. actual spin play..honing skills against the nuances of a spinning ball, appears to be inexplicably ignored..😒

Last edited:
Our girls have sealed the series too. Congrats to each of you for playing your part. I long for the day when the females will play a bona fide multi Test series like the blokes.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Australian cricket's archilles heel.. spin again almost sinks us. Building practice tracks that replicate Indian dust bowls at the Brisbane Academy that host spin camps for our best emerging spinners is a good move to improve our international spin stocks for sub continental tours. Yet the real problem.. actual spin play..honing skills against the nuances of a spinning ball, appears to be inexplicably ignored..😒

it was a good idea to build it but you have to wonder how many times we actually use it, we have been shit against spin since forever and I can't see that changing any time soon

we need to get out juniors on there as you cant just practise on it a few times a year and expect to be a gun batsman against spin

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sutherland in for Darlington

Fun Fact:

James Sutherland is now Golf Australia CEO.
Didn't know that until today

Eelectrica

Referee
India chasing 150.
Slight advantage to India i think. We know they've got some hitters. Should b a close finish though.

Eelectrica

Referee
India 1/54 off 10.
They'd like a few more runs at this point I"d think. Almost 10 an over needed.

4/95 India. Game slipping from them now. Australia stepping up.

Fairly comfortable win in the end for us. The experience we've got the difference.
India have had some good games this series though and seem to be closing the gap.

Last edited:
Congrats to the girls for a comprehensive series win. The team used to be called the Southern Stars what are they called now anyone know?

What has happened to Pez's bowling. Been moderate in all formats this series culminating in Meg not even handing her the ball last nite.

The surprise packet with the bat for me has been Tahlia McGrath. She had a rather abysmal record coming into this but is showing a new found maturity in her game.

Some good young quicks have been unearthed in this series and will serve our team for many years to come. I was specially impressed by STELLA! Campbell in the Test match. Has size, good pace/bounce and can intimidate.. a good asset to have in the cut and thrust/ebb and flow of Test cricket.