What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon 2006

Who will win the wooden spoon in 2006

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Nth Queensland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Brisbane

• Melbourne

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Penrith

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • South Sydney

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Canberra

Votes: 68 38.6%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bumble

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
Still the Panthers have far more tallent in their side the the Bunnies, Raiders and Warriors so they will avoid the wooden spoon.

What...surely you're joking?

Star centres of Lewis and O'Halloran aren't doing you any favours.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bring back John Fifita said:
Raiders. A shandy off winning it in 2005, and with arguably a weaker side in 2006.

i disagree with the weaker side thing
So long as we dont have another shocking year with injuries and smElliott picks our best players, our side will be significantly stronger in 06

Raider_69 said:
i disagree with the weaker side thing
So long as we dont have another shocking year with injuries and smElliott picks our best players, our side will be significantly stronger in 06

Dont mean to go off topic too far, but whats your best squad barring injury??

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bring back John Fifita said:
Dont mean to go off topic too far, but whats your best squad barring injury??

Best IMO, wont be near what the coach selects, which will contains nuffies like Mogg and Gafa :x... the best contains alot of young talent that will take time to find their feet but meh...

1. Schifcofske 2. Chalk 3. Graham 4. Frawley (Ale if Frawley is injured) 5. Milne 6. J.Smith 7. Carney 8. Miller 9.Withers 10. Thompson 11. Lomu 12. Learoyd-Lars 13. Croker

14. Tongue 15. Weyman 16. Tilse 17. take ya pick of Williams/Zillman/Hodgson/Woolford etc etc

that team if playing an expansive game plan could rival any team point for point IMHO... however as said, Mogg, Gafa, Woolford, Kahler etc will all be there some where thanks to M.Elliott :x

in saying that given that team i totally understand our favourtism for the spoon, alot of untested talent there, but Carney, Zillman, Ale are all gonna be awesome in a few years, Weyman is already just needs to stay on the park, Tilse has a massive wrap on him and Chalk and Milne i rate highly... realistically anything could happen, that team IMHO could win a comp if they fire, but this year its unlikely... a year of experience will do them well, i just think there is too much natural talent in that team to win a spoon

Knightmare

Coach
Raider_69 said:
ill say the same thing i did last year... as bad as our season might be, we will NOT win the spoon :)
12-8th is my prediction for us... as for the spoon... Souths or the Warriors... Newcastle if johns missed more then 10 or so games

Johns missed more than 10 games in 2004 and Newcastle easily avoided the spoon.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i dont care what happened in 2004, im talking about 2006, where all their older players are 2 years older and even more injury prone then the years before... if johns misses 10 or more games they will fight it out for the spoon, they have an ordinary squad as it is, Johns can carry them to a respectable season without injury but if he misses 10 games, they will lose at least 16 for the season, that IMO puts them right in spoon contention

bluesbreaker

Bench
Raider_69 said:
i dont care what happened in 2004, im talking about 2006, where all their older players are 2 years older and even more injury prone then the years before... if johns misses 10 or more games they will fight it out for the spoon, they have an ordinary squad as it is, Johns can carry them to a respectable season without injury but if he misses 10 games, they will lose at least 16 for the season, that IMO puts them right in spoon contention

Who's ordinary in the Knights squad?

salivor

First Grade
Probably Canberra but the Warriors are in big trouble. Theres just not enough class there to be a competitive football side and halves of Hohaia, Rovelli and Fien spells big trouble. Wiki will spend most of the season on the sideline suspended and Price will be another year older trying to hold together a team of basket cases. Good luck Ivan.

Bumble said:
What...surely you're joking?

Star centres of Lewis and O'Halloran aren't doing you any favours.

See, this is just reactionary sh*t.

Priddis, Gower, Campbell, Wesser, Lewis, Rooney, Puletua, Waterhouse, Clinton, Pritchard....get the picture?

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
See, this is just reactionary sh*t.

Priddis, Gower, Campbell, Wesser, Lewis, Rooney, Puletua, Waterhouse, Clinton, Pritchard....get the picture?

(in order) Past his best, a nuffy, overrated, out of position and a complete f**king pansy. They all run off their reputations.

O'Halloran, Youngquest, Stapleton, Thompson... get the picture?

They are a million times better then anything Souths have tossed up over the last decade.

They have also won a title just two years ago.

Get the....oh....Parra fan. :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
They are a million times better then anything Souths have tossed up over the last decade.

Sutton is twice the player any of them are or will be.

nospam49™ said:
They have also won a title just two years ago.

Yes, Youngquest, Stapleton, Thompson and O'Halloran have, haven't they? :roll:

Those players you mentioned may have premiership rings, but that doesn't make them good. Daniel Fitzhenry and Sean Rudder have rings too, and they're f**king superstars aren't they? :roll:

nospam49™ said:
Get the....oh....Parra fan. :lol:

Feel free to laugh, at least we made the 8, and we'll make the 8 again. It's all downhill for the Pennies, sorry to burst your bubble.

Parrasque

Juniors
Why does Manly have so little votes? Orford and Bell won't gel that quick and the club will be in turmoil when Monoghan wants out.

PanthersChik

Juniors
I Chose the broncos, but honestly how can you choose something like that. I mean the year hasnt even started yet, and look at the season just gone. It was all over the place. :)

sydraider

First Grade
Storm, Warriors and manly will all struggle.

Storm will have to gel a new halves combination together, they will miss kearns leadership and half of their forward pack will be serving suspensions throughout the year.

Warriors, the loss of jones is gonna be huge I think, even though he has had ordinary seasons last couple of years. its all well and good to have Price and Wiki but they cant win games on their own. Still an unknown quantity with cleary as coach but a contender for mine.

Manly have gone all out to secure orford and bell but have let the little problem of depth go astray. A few key injuries and they are goooooooone! Orford isnt that good either, he is not a premiership winning halfback, I also see the monaghan affair dragging into the season 06 (if they dont offload him by then, better up the ante on those phoecalls to souths ;-) ) thus causing instability and major rpoblems in house, especially, when after a few average performances, they realise they paid well over the mark for ox.

Still after the season we just had, anything is possible of course.