What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon 2006

Who will win the wooden spoon in 2006

• Wests Tigers

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Nth Queensland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Parramatta

• St George Illawarra

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Brisbane

• Melbourne

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • Cronulla

Votes: 17 9.7%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • Penrith

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • Canterbury

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • South Sydney

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • Canberra

Votes: 68 38.6%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 7 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill say the same thing i did last year... as bad as our season might be, we will NOT win the spoon :)
12-8th is my prediction for us... as for the spoon... Souths or the Warriors... Newcastle if johns missed more then 10 or so games

Here is a tip on Souths: Gulavao is D.O.N.E!

I just hope Souths get Robbie Paul....I'd love to see him crash and burn with the rest of that club.

Evergreen said:
If the Panthers get off to a bad start next year then they'll be in the mix.

With the Tigers showing the way with a fast mobile pack......if we roll out again with a side that got poor conditioning and poor mobility....we will struggle.

Still the Panthers have far more tallent in their side the the Bunnies, Raiders and Warriors so they will avoid the wooden spoon.

melon....

Coach
nospam49™ said:
With the Tigers showing the way with a fast mobile pack......if we roll out again with a side that got poor conditioning and poor mobility....we will struggle.

Still the Panthers have far more tallent in their side the the Bunnies, Raiders and Warriors so they will avoid the wooden spoon.
Not really true. Easts had more talent than 3/4 of the comp yet failed to make the 8. everyone has a bad year, unless your Souths, then every years a bad year..

Iafeta

Referee
nospam49™ said:

I don't know if the Warriors are "untalented", its lack of composure and structure and little mistakes from nowhere that costs them. The club still has Steve Price, Ruben Wiki, a host of Kiwi backrowers, a good young talent on the wing in Vatuvei, Byrne was pulling tries out of his clacker, Fien played reasonably well, Faumuina is a talented player - its putting it together where we've let ourselves down.

melon.... said:
Not really true. Easts had more talent than 3/4 of the comp yet failed to make the 8. everyone has a bad year, unless your Souths, then every years a bad year..

I dont believe the Roosters had more tallent then 3/4 of the competition.

melon....

Coach
nospam49™ said:
I dont believe the Roosters had more tallent then 3/4 of the competition.
It was a figure of speech...its like saying teh Dragons are the best team on paper...but paper mache doesnt win you titles.

melon....

Coach
the thing teh warriors have in their favour is a decent coach in Ivan Cleary. kemp is a spaz and cant coach for sh*t.

Iafeta said:
I don't know if the Warriors are "untalented", its lack of composure and structure and little mistakes from nowhere that costs them. The club still has Steve Price, Ruben Wiki, a host of Kiwi backrowers, a good young talent on the wing in Vatuvei, Byrne was pulling tries out of his clacker, Fien played reasonably well, Faumuina is a talented player - its putting it together where we've let ourselves down.

Thats a very fair comment.

I guess Ive just moved on from rating potentual with the Warriors. I said a couple of years ago that they would win the title within 5 years and they most certainly had a lineup of tallent to make that happen.

But they just produce dissapointing players by the truck laos and Im past ratings players like Toopi, Meli, Lauitiiti, Jones and others like that who life for a couple of seasons and then squander their tallent so terribly.

Natural tallent, if you went by that the Warriors are a top 8 side. In reality though, I dont need to tell a Warriors fan how it all pans out. :cry:

Raider_69

Post Whore
the raiders are far from untalented... our problem is our players have come through our system playing an expansive and open style of play, they have all become pretty good at play that sort of style, only to find in FG they must play confide and with the width of a cricket pitch, it doesnt suit them and there for they fail misrable at it... selection issues are also costing us big time these days

Raider_69

Post Whore
nospam49™ said:
I cant even begin to talk about the Raiders problems untill Elliott is gone. I just think he is a really poor coach.

you and about 70% of the Raiders fan base
the other 30% are still finding excuses and swallowing his cop outs at after match press releases

choc_soldier

Coach
Evergreen said:
If the Panthers get off to a bad start next year then they'll be in the mix.

We have been notoriously slow starters to the season for the last 5-6 seasons. I can't fathom why.