What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wooden Spoon betting suspended.

This is in the NRL forum, but it could make for interesting discussion here as well.

Sportstab has suspended betting for the wooden spoon.

Why is this important?

The Roosters have gone from $501.00 to $51.00 in one day.

Could we see the dramas of 2002 unfold? It's only a rumour at this stage but why else would they go down to such a small price and why else would betting be suspended... :-k

jed

First Grade
There's a very good possibility that this has all started as a rumour that has now run amok.

All it would take is for a number of people to hear a rumour and place bets on a particular team. Other punters would see the price shortening, and might figure it's worth jumping on as well. From there, it's like a snowball.

In all likelyhood, Sportsbet have simply suspended it until they can ascertain exactly what's happened.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
Their could be a thousand reasons why betting has been suspended, I wouldn't read much into it at this early stage.

Betting agencies are very jittery organisations becuase rumours and guesses count for more than facts in the gambling industry. The horse that is favourite isn't necessecarily the best horse in the race, but the most backed.

Secretly I would love the Rooster's to be caught cheating the cap, but it will take mre than a betting agency protecting it's cash or a nut calling up Ray Hadley for me to believe the rumours.