What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

woolford charged

lotm

Juniors
germ's been charged with a grade 2 careless high tackle.

possible 3 week suspension.

i'm not surprised. i can't see him getting off.

Bay56

First Grade
He should have taken my advise and changed his name .... if he had done that the other guy would have been charged with head butting germs arm :lol: :)

lotm

Juniors
:lol:

i was always thinking a grade 1 or grade 2 careless high tackle and, by elliot's quotes after the match, it won't come as a great surprise to him, either.

i'm hoping:

6. croker
7. carney

9. drew

17. mclinden

but expecting:
6. croker
7. mclinden

9. drew

17. ???

i'm not sure who elliot will put on the bench, although he seems to like having a playmaker coming off it. perhaps carney or gafa (depending on fitness, i suppose).

Greenblooded

Juniors
I'd would love to see Carney start in this game. I know people are going to go on about how we have to bring him in slowly, and not in a final, but I reckon he would get invaluable experience by playing.
Plus I really don't think we have much of a chance against the rorters this weekend with our current lineup. Maybe Carney could be a bit of a wildcard.

greeneyed

First Grade
Bay56 said:
He should have taken my advise and changed his name .... if he had done that the other guy would have been charged with head butting germs arm :lol: :)

He should have changed his name to ..... Morley.

Bloody typical NRL..........

woodgers

Bench
We are in trouble now. He has to contest it, what does he have to lose?

I know Matty loves positives so at the risk of sounding like him this could be one. This may force us to play the Carney hand and they won't know anything about him. Yeah, It is pressure but what do we have to lose? No one is expecting us to win. Did Trevor Schodel have a choice in 1993 (I know we got slayed!) but you get the point. Sometimes you take the risk. I would prefer that than Drew to hooker, Macca to half, croker to 5/8 and 4 forwards on the bench. We are going to need points and he provides that. If we had Drew, Macca and Chilli Con on the pitch at the one time I think we would see our most attacking footy all year. Furthermore each one of those 3 is more unpredictable than the last so the Roosters won't have a gameplan to target them. I say go with Chilli. It is now or never and I believe that Todd's time is now.

Simon

Juniors
Fittler got off with points that meant less than a week's suspension.

Fittler got off cause of his relative clean record over the years. Woolford doesn't have this luxury. Records should be taken into account when suspensions are to be given out.

azza

Juniors
Simon said:
Fittler got off with points that meant less than a week's suspension.

Fittler got off cause of his relative clean record over the years. Woolford doesn't have this luxury. Records should be taken into account when suspensions are to be given out.

And so why the F**K is Morley always given petty one week maximum two week suspensions for his shocking record? I'm not saying Woolford doesn't have a case to answer bit F**K the inconsistency of those arseholes at the NRL gives me the sh*ts.

azza

Juniors
If that is our halves pairing we will get hammered. A big reason why we put 60 on Souths was our halves functioned well on the weekend. I can't see what's wrong with giving Carney a stint, at least from the bench. Then again, they probably will just leave him for the premier league side to charge toward the finals.

woodgers

Bench
I agree with everything you said Azza. He will go with Gafa and we will be roasted. Everyone knows Carney can play yet we still don't bother. As I said above, we have nothing to lose. I bet he isn't named though.

Damn it, I forgot about Gafa.

How about putting Both Campese and Carney into the side, Campo can play lock which can make room for McLinden or Carney coming off the bench, think about how many combinations there could be

Campese/Carney
Campese/McLinden
Croker/ Campese
Croker/Carney
Croker/McLinden
McLinden/Carney
McLinden/ Campese

Would keep Stuart guessing until game day.

We got nothing to lose..

But we all know that the above will never happen

Also don't rule out the possibility that Lawrence could come into the side to cover Hooker. and Drew staying in #7

Latest posts