What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 9s 2019

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
In reality it does matter. This will be the code on the international seen by maybe 30% of the tv audience if that! Its a tournament deserving FTA coverage. But to the dummies it goes through to the keeper as relevant . f**k I've seen some dumb shits on this site! Still shaking my head at how dumb some can get ! Mind you the good guys are about but Geez the dumb shit often is apparent with their ridiculous stances and crap! If someone can explain to me that having an audience of 30% is better than more than 70% I'll concede my mistake. But otherwise to ridicule this valIid criticism is not logical or even fair. Unless their exists an attitude:" Oh another valid point ! Why didn't I bring this up? Oh well lets shoot the messenger anyway! "

Pot, Kettle, black comes to mind.

I can explain to you (which other have also done) why taking the money offered by Fox is better than taking the $0 on offer from FTA. Makes perfect sense to most. 9 is a broadcast partner of the NRL and if 9 wanted the tournament, it would be on FTA, they obviously didn't want it, so it's not - simple.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
? That's great in England. It's in Australia where the issue is! Their is absolutely no derailing in this comment. The lack of FTA coverage of the World nines tournament is both embarassing and constraining for the code within Australia. The mainstream coverage is lacking and its worthy point. I suggest you have a deep look at your ignorance of something that's extremely important for this code going forward : FTA tv coverage in Australia of a World nines tournament in Sydney Australia . It's a big mistake once again!

Thanks for making that point - we had no idea that it wasn't on FTA. We must have missed your first 27 posts on exactly the same thing.

Stallion

First Grade
Pot, Kettle, black comes to mind.

I can explain to you (which other have also done) why taking the money offered by Fox is better than taking the $0 on offer from FTA. Makes perfect sense to most. 9 is a broadcast partner of the NRL and if 9 wanted the tournament, it would be on FTA, they obviously didn't want it, so it's not - simple.

You idiot ! A simulcast would net rugby league plenty of income. It was the players union that stuffed it up. But the meek acceptance by administrators of this is the underlying concern . You can't work this out DODO!

Stallion

First Grade
Everyone knows it and has discussed it. You don’t need to repeat it 100 times. Give it a rest.

Not everyone is aware of this. The mainstream public have absolutely no idea if what has happened in international rugby league scheduling decisions and telecast arrangements for this particular tournament. Ignoring the issues serves the code no good whatsoever!

Springs09

Juniors
Not everyone is aware of this. The mainstream public have absolutely no idea if what has happened in international rugby league scheduling decisions and telecast arrangements for this particular tournament. Ignoring the issues serves the code no good whatsoever!

But you’re not talking to the mainstream public are you? You’re just complaining to us. Go get a soapbox and preach in the street if you are so concerned with the mainstream public and stop pissing off everyone in the forum.

Stallion

First Grade
But you’re not talking to the mainstream public are you? You’re just complaining to us. Go get a soapbox and preach in the street if you are so concerned with the mainstream public and stop pissing off everyone in the forum.

Nope. You just don't like harsh reality put in your face! It's a good thing to have this known and discussed. Your form is poor!

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
You idiot ! A simulcast would net rugby league plenty of income. It was the players union that stuffed it up. But the meek acceptance by administrators of this is the underlying concern . You can't work this out DODO!

So much income those businessmen running FTA TV didn’t see the value in it.
If simulcast is such a Greta business model why isn’t this done with Origin?

Stallion

First Grade
So much income those businessmen running FTA TV didn’t see the value in it.
If simulcast is such a Greta business model why isn’t this done with Origin?

As stated so many times before : Rugby league clearly does not have the "friends" in the upper echelons of the business community including tv!

Stallion

First Grade
That’s not an answer with any substance. You might as well just say I’m right because I say I’m right.

No. That’s a valid comment. You can dupe yourself into whatever false sense of security you like. That comment is on the money!

Stallion

First Grade
Then go do something about it, you’re not achieving anything whinging about it here.
Please take a leaf out of Emily Davison’s book.

It's part of it! Making ignorance become aware of what's going on is also part of it. Other angles are being used and thought of. Shame I have to justify something extremely important to some on a website dedicated to the rugby-league !? That's the real anomaly athe present on this forum. Mind you it's only a small number but definitely existing and doing their bit to trivialize genuine issues for this code.

roughyedspud

Coach
You have a billion dollar TV deal from a fta broadcaster and a dedicated RL channel...yet you've decided there's a big conspiracy and everyone is ignoring it cos a brand new event,the world 9s,is only on the world's only dedicated RL channel..

Pull ya head in lad....

Stallion

First Grade
It’ll most likely be on the NRL ap too

No it's not. Shame on the apathy . The World nines will not be common knowledge due to no FTA coverage. A third of the possible audience is a disgrace for such a tournament hosted in Australia! Some of you don't agree that this is a major issue for the tournament and code!? That's apathy and ignorance rolled into one! All with rugby-league being the lesser for it.