What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge - NOT live on Nine

hutch

First Grade
Gee there are some children on this site these days! The wcc is a top game every year, and the myth that nrl teams treat it like a trial game is rubbish! Anyway, the bigger picture here is the way channel 9 treat rugby league, the sport which earns them millions of dollars every year and allows them to do so well in the ratings! If you are a dan of rugby league, you should have the sh•ts with nines decision!

Eels Dude

Coach
Hilarious to see a few bitter fans of sh*t teams, e.g Cronulla (well if they improve they'll be sh*t I suppose) having a whinge because their teams made it nowhere near the WCC. Bitter teeeeaaaarrrrs!

One of the biggest games of the year, should definitely be live

It's only a big game if your team is involved. Every other club side will be playing trials this weekend and that's what other clubs fans will be getting excited about. It's a bit like Charity Shield, Souths fans talk it up like it's a grand final, but Dragons fans don't give a flying toss about the result. You know it's true.

BDGS

Bench
Didnt this happen last year, Im pretty sure it wasnt live for the Storm game.

Nothings changed really since they took the rights for SL, best way to watch the highlights IMO is on the website, or record the games on Foxtel IQ seeing as though they'll show the games at Midnight.

It was live last year, i got up early to watch it.

Hutty1986

Immortal
It's only a big game if your team is involved. Every other club side will be playing trials this weekend and that's what other clubs fans will be getting excited about. It's a bit like Charity Shield, Souths fans talk it up like it's a grand final, but Dragons fans don't give a flying toss about the result. You know it's true.

For the game of RL it's still a fairly large event though (could be a lot bigger if the bloody Poms actually came over here to play it). It's always interesting to see how each comp's premiers match up.

Eels Dude

Coach
For the game of RL it's still a fairly large event though (could be a lot bigger if the bloody Poms actually came over here to play it). It's always interesting to see how each comp's premiers match up.

I think the problem with the WCC is the timing of it. If it were played a couple of weeks after the Grand Final it would be much more of an event. But playing it in the pre season when trials are being played, where neither side has played a match in 5 months, and have vastly different rosters than their competition winning sides, makes it slightly irrelevent.

The f**k they are.

They're representing the Dragons and I'd be cheering for Wigan if I could be arsed waking up that early.

You-Jelly.jpg

Mike_Jets

Juniors
Hmmn, it 50 - 50 who I dislike more. Would watch just in the hope key players pick up knocks....

But seriously, I hope both suffer massive injuries. I mean is a disgrace its not on live or full rerun on some channel thats free to air, even the next saturday or friday night.

Hmmn, it 50 - 50 who I dislike more. Would watch just in the hope key players pick up knocks....

But seriously, I hope both suffer massive injuries. I mean is a disgrace its not on live or full rerun on some channel thats free to air, even the next saturday or friday night.

Cheering for injuries hey?

I hope you don't get hit by a truck going to work tomorrow you germ.

Loudstrat

Coach
StGeorge Illawarra are far from the most famous
of RL clubs.

WCC is a hyped up trial game, nothing more.

No different from the charity shield.

Two gimps.

Given that most clubs whinge if their trials are more than a cheap cab fare away from home, I'd fin it had to believe that Saints would take their best squad to the other side of the planet for a mere trial. And that's what sh*ts me about this attitude - and why c9 have that attitude.

Historically, the WCC was played after the GF, but Aussie clubs were too hammered after wining the comp to be competetive. Historically also, C9 used to show the WCC and the Challenge Cup Final live. In fact, I think I watched the entire 1990 Kangaroo tour live on C9.

Eels dude, I'm less excited about Parra's trials than the games I'll actually get to see- Knights v Panthers on Saturday Night will be great to take the kids to. I'll get excited if the result at Campbelltown is that Wests get towelled by 50 with Webb scoring 3 tries.

Saints v Wigan - if not shown live, should be shown on prime time FTA

adamkungl

Immortal
It's no surprise 9 treats the international game like sh*t when dopes in here, who you would assume are some of the biggest RL fans going around by the amount of posts they have on a forum, couldn't give a crap about anything except their own club and SOO.

Dragon_Taylor6

Juniors
The NRL has to make sure the the next tv deal they sign covers everything, including showing games such as these live.

thommo4pm

Coach
You mean the 2009 week 1 semi final? I think you'd be the one hurting from it not me.

That could work but I don't know if networks are allowed to do that due to the anti siphoning laws.

I'm pretty sure 18-12 & 30-0(both against Parra in 2010), along with winning the premiership in 2010 has eased any pain from that finals loss in week 1 of 2009 finals series.

Latest posts