What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge - NOT live on Nine

Lambretta

First Grade
It is a trial match, be thankful it is shown at all. Seriously do people whinge for the sake of having a whinge!

The World Club Challenge is a bit more than a trial, even if the Channel 9 callers spend 90% of the half time and full time wrap bagging the absolute sh*t out of it.

I actually watch most of them and thoroughly enjoy them every time. As a league tragic (there can be no other way of describing me) I am really interested in watching how Wigan fares against the Dragons.

Channel 9 are a bloody disgrace at the moment and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

The fact they bought the rights to the Super League and then put it up against a live NRL game which amazingly doesn't rate well and then they drop the best games available to them to show the weaker games after midnight on a Monday morning for some of the season if they feel like it but then again they might not, because they're not sure what they want to do is proof they wouldn't know their arses from their elbows.

Channel Nine are every pack of arseholes under the sun and I hate them.

The sooner Channel 10 has the NRL and Super League the better. They'd actually broadcast sport on TWO channels out of three and not sit there whingeing and moaning like the little bitches at Channel 9 who carry on about "GO! not being suitable for sport as it doesn't fit with our demographic oh and we know we've got Gem as well, but let's not broadcast games in High Def on there like we said we would and let's not show any other sport content on their either as people might actually be interested in stuff that isn't repeats of crap shows we broadcast at some time in the past.

f**k them and the horse they rode to town on. RIP Kerry Packer.
The lot that took over from you weren't fit to wipe your f**king arse.

Lambretta

First Grade
Hasn't been shown live for years on free to air TV.
who gives a f**k anyway?

You obviously don't care about games that will never, ever involve Souths.

So when we start discussing Finals games I expect to hear the same non contribution from you.

Jono1987

Juniors
Oh dear. If you can't beat em, just whinge and complain about em! Hi whingers.

The game itself could become a showpiece event if played two weeks after the Grand Final. Alas we all know how things work around here...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's no surprise 9 treats the international game like sh*t when dopes in here, who you would assume are some of the biggest RL fans going around by the amount of posts they have on a forum, couldn't give a crap about anything except their own club and SOO.

I don't even really give a sh*t about State of Origin either, to be honest. I only stopped barracking for QLD when they started winning.

Anyway, who the f**k are you to get up people for not caring? It's not like people choose what they care about.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm pretty sure 18-12 & 30-0(both against Parra in 2010), along with winning the premiership in 2010 has eased any pain from that finals loss in week 1 of 2009 finals series.

I bet it hasn't.

Everyone who watched that game will remember it. THAT try will be on highlight reels for years to come.

But two regular season games and that dull, grindy grand final will be forgotten by October, when we get yet another Premier - there's one every year. It's hardly a big deal.

But an embarassment like that semi-final at Kogarah is lucky to come along once a decade.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Garts

Bench
It obviously does not rate well at all. If it did they would put it on. Not exactly ideal but its hardly the end of the world.

It obviously does not rate well at all. If it did they would put it on. Not exactly ideal but its hardly the end of the world.

Who gives a f**k about what rates at 5am or whatever the time is going to be. It's typical of 9 buying out the rights to sport and treating it like sh*t.

I never got to watch the Roosters in the WCC because I had to play cricket and that's the one game I ever missed that I wish I could have seen, people who say it means nothing haven't had their team play in it.

Garts

Bench
Who gives a f**k about what rates at 5am or whatever the time is going to be. It's typical of 9 buying out the rights to sport and treating it like sh*t.

I never got to watch the Roosters in the WCC because I had to play cricket and that's the one game I ever missed that I wish I could have seen, people who say it means nothing haven't had their team play in it.

Nine care as they are a business at the end of the day. But in saying that what else would rate well at that time anyway so it is a little strange.

I never watched Manly's game in the WCC either. I was o/s on holidays, managed to find a place with it on but just never got up for it. I still think it is pretty much a nothing game imo. I did get a copy but still not watched the whole game.

no name

Coach
The change to a Sunday night (geezer time) has f*cked it for Aussies.
It became tradition amongst my mates to stay off the grog on the Friday night, be up fresh and early Saturday morning drinking and yahooing whilst watching and kicking on to a bender (not the BM cruiser type either)
Now it has changed to Monday work gets in the way for us to watch it at all and I'm sure that goes for alot of people and could be a reason behind the axing of it live

Lambretta

First Grade
So if the game is live Monday the 28th of February our time and Fox are showing it live, when exactly ARE Channel 9 going to broadcast it?

Surely they're not going to play it Prime Time on the Monday evening?

Jono1987

Juniors
I bet it hasn't.

Everyone who watched that game will remember it. THAT try will be on highlight reels for years to come.

But two regular season games and that dull, grindy grand final will be forgotten by October, when we get yet another Premier - there's one every year. It's hardly a big deal.

But an embarassment like that semi-final at Kogarah is lucky to come along once a decade.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

I just can't give you enough credit as to assume that was a gee-up...

Dragon Jim

Juniors
I bet it hasn't.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

Hmmm, just watched the 2010 Grand Final again, and I'm pretty sure that watching the Dragons score 26 unanswered points in the rain in the second half and seeing Hornby lift the Premiership trophy buries any pain from 2009. Now I dont speak for all Dragons fans, but I reckon there is a fair chance that most will feel the same.

But I understand why you want to hang onto it so much. A pityful 2010 where your $500K player played 4 good games all season means you can only hang onto that try after you choked in the GF.

Only long suffering Parra fans feel the need to hold onto that memory.

Lastly, that try you wank over has easily been surpassed by tries from Nathan Gardner, twice, and the consistent threat of Josh Dugan. He'll look good in the Sky Blue number 1 jersey.

grouch

First Grade
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That post from Poopoo, a noted dribbler on thes forums, could be the greatest load of codswallop he has spewed forth upon us. And if Poopoo honestly believes that to be true, then I genuinely fear for the mindset of the Parramatta faithful - because it is dangerously close to Souffs territory, ie "we don't just accept mediocrity - we REVEL IN IT".

If you Parra fans really prefer fancy tries to premierships then you may as well stop brushing your teeth and move to Redfern. There are hundreds of tried scored every year - but only one premier

Sssshhhhhhhhh!