What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge

Ghoulies

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Well come on name me these great wingers or centres that can play wing that qld have! We lost our best one to the ESL!
Lets see the points you've made so far:

Michaels is a better wing option for us than Boyd.
Boyd would be a good option on the wing for QLD, due to his greater experience and combinations.

So Boyd is more suited to Origin, than he is to club football. Am I getting this right?

Ghoulies

Bench
And for wing options, there's Tate (who had a blinder defensively in his last game for QLD on the wing), Ty Williams, Greg Inglis and I'd imagine a bolter or two would emerge during the opening rounds.

All very much so superior to Darius.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Boyd is better suited THIS YEAR for Origin than Michaels as he has more experience. That is not saying that I think Boyd is better at club level as experience is not that important.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
And for wing options, there's Tate (who had a blinder defensively in his last game for QLD on the wing), Ty Williams, Greg Inglis and I'd imagine a bolter or two would emerge during the opening rounds.

All very much so superior to Darius.

I am assuming Ingliss will be on one wing already. Tate- possibly but really he doesn't strike me with confidence. Willaims is ok, but coming back from major injury. Folau is a chance but he'll be inexperienced as well.

Ghoulies

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Boyd is better suited THIS YEAR for Origin than Michaels as he has more experience. That is not saying that I think Boyd is better at club level as experience is not that important.
You know Scotty Minto is coming into this season with a good few years of first grade experience (much more than Boyd).

Sure, he might be sh*t at club level, but by your logic his experience would make him dynamite at Origin.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Minto was better than people gave him credit for. But that said that is not what I am saying. I am saying Boyd is more experience than Michaels would at club/first grade level.

icewind

Juniors
neither are really origin material atm. Michaels I reckon would be more suited to origin in a year or two than Boyd. Just that bit more agression and size imo. Tate and Inglis the favourites to take the wing spots, with folau another guy who may impress (but could be too young).

Rogers will be on the wing before boyd or michaels this year.

icewind

Juniors
Im not saying id want him to be. Im just saying, thats how far down the ladder Michaels and Boyd are as regards origin selection. Sorry. Im a broncos supporter myself, but I really don't think Qld would be well served thinking about these guys for a couple of years yet.

Ghoulies

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Minto was better than people gave him credit for. But that said that is not what I am saying.
I realise that. What you're saying is that experience is the be all and end all when it comes to Origin (which would certainly support any argument for a Minto Origin berth). Why else would you say that Boyd is good enough for Origin, but not good enough to be our first choice winger?

I am saying Boyd is more experience than Michaels would at club/first grade level.
Ahhh.... as sensical as ever. You should seriously consider giving up, locky.

Latest posts