What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Different thread. Stay on topic please.
Im hoping the DV rates in some of these Penrith slums didn’t go up to much overnight?
I am a dv survivor you insensitive moron. You are dragging up the past about Ivan being a bad coach, poor recruiter, blah, blah, blah. I just pointed out the comparison between the teams.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You still crying ?
You lost old girl, ain’t the end of the world.

Yep Penrith did lose.

Why aren't celebrating the good game of your team today Stryker ?

I suppose it says more than a little bit about your personal mindset doesn't it.

I'm first to admit that Penrith played poorly last.

Just very grateful it was just one pre season game, with a trophy attached. But no premiership points.

Unlike Wests Tigers 11 years without finals, whilst burning through numerous players, coaches and coaching staffs.

Enjoy your year.

Congratulations to St Helens and their fans; they came out and performed strongly from the first minute and didn’t go away. If that is the standard of SL sides week in, week out I should be watching more games. Worthy world champions and hopefully we can get them next year (in St Helens!!).

Panthers looked a bit disjointed in attack; many of the passes weren’t hitting the mark. Combination of a few player changes, first game of the season for many of them, the conditions and (maybe for a few of them) the occasion.

On individual players:
- I think Critta will be a good fullback longer term, but last night showed just how good a positional player Edwards is. Dylan always (maybe mostly) seems to catch the ball moving forward and helps build momentum. That is something that he will need to learn but he was solid.
- I thought the wingers did alright. The game was really slow but they did their best to inject themselves into it.
- Tago looked sharp. Looking forward to seeing how he goes this year.
- There seems something one-dimensional about Turuva. I don’t get the chance to see as much lower grades as many on this site, but given the way some of the youngsters are spoken about I think he will be jumped, maybe even this season.
- Luai was the most disappointing player for me. When we are chasing a game he needs to get more involved and come in-field. Nathan is the best in the world but creating something from nothing is not his skill set; needs someone else to help create the spark.
- Nathan I thought his kicking game was back to close to its best. Lots of different little (and big) kicks. I also liked when the forwards weren’t making too many metres he tucked the ball under his arm. Needed more support in the last 20 minutes as he tried to do it all.
- Props were all disappointing. Leota rebounded alright after the first tackle, but that set the tone. Spencer was impactful in his first stint, and got a second (many on here asking for him to get more minutes would have cheered). On his second he took a great hit up on his first set and then appeared gassed, and didn’t do another for three sets. Will he be as effective with less minutes? Fish looked slow.
- I thought Kenny did alright; I like the way he engages the markers whenever we have some momentum. Still needs to work on his distribution off the ground inside the oppositions ten and still had a stupid penalty kn him at the wrong time. I think Cogger has a lot of work to do if he wants to be the back up dummy half; maybe that was just ‘needs must’ with both Luke and Peach out, but a lot of the passes made the receiver stop and go back for the ball.
- Garner appeared over-awed by the occasion in the first half but improved in the second. Hoskings looks too light for me; we really missed Martin’s punch on that edge.
- Yeo was our best. Didn’t link much but he felt like the forward who made the most metres and was bending the line a bit.
- I thought Salmon did quite well off the bench. Never going to be a world beater but he is super consistent and always does a solid job for us. Very glad he is still a Panther.

stryker

First Grade
You are dragging up the past about Ivan being a bad coach, poor recruiter, blah, blah, blah. I just pointed out the comparison between the teams.

All I said is Ivan is not a great coach and now he is facing adversity, I.e. you are without a number 9 and your backrowers aren’t great, you will see some stupid decisions from him. Recruiting Garner who struggled to find a position in the wooden spoon team is one, playing Crichton at fullback is another…more to follow as you continue losing players.

stryker

First Grade
Yep Penrith did lose.

Why aren't celebrating the good game of your team today Stryker ?

I suppose it says more than a little bit about your personal mindset doesn't it.

I'm first to admit that Penrith played poorly last.

Just very grateful it was just one pre season game, with a trophy attached. But no premiership points.

Unlike Wests Tigers 11 years without finals, whilst burning through numerous players, coaches and coaching staffs.

Enjoy your year.
You sound bitter.
You really do have the option to relocate you know?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You sound bitter.
You really do have the option to relocate you know?

Why would I be bitter. Penrith have played in 3 grandfinals, and won 2. Opportunity last night to play the world cup challenge. Penrith lost.

Penrith team with lots of locally developed players, and some from our country academies.

My world is looking pretty darn bright for me and my footy team.

Now where are the Wests Tigers currently placed. Ah yes that's right comming off 11 years of no finals. A 70 odd year old coach, with a couple of work experience kids as learner coaches, playing overs for players developed by other sucessful clubs, like Naden, Blore, Staines, Laurie.......

With a newly opened academy that is no where near your heartland, and 4 or is it 5 home grounds.

I know where I'd sooner be.

Marilyn Monroe Laughing GIF

stryker

First Grade
Why would I be bitter. Penrith have played in 3 grandfinals, and won 2. Opportunity last night to play the world cup challenge. Penrith lost.

Penrith team with lots of locally developed players, and some from our country academies.

My world is looking pretty darn bright for me and my footy team.

Now where are the Wests Tigers currently placed. Ah yes that's right comming off 11 years of no finals. A 70 odd year old coach, with a couple of work experience kids as learner coaches, playing overs for players developed by other sucessful clubs, like Naden, Blore, Staines, Laurie.......

With a newly opened academy that is no where near your heartland, and 4 or is it 5 home grounds.

I know where I'd sooner be.

Marilyn Monroe Laughing GIF
Welfare cheques are too hard to give up aren’t they?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Welfare cheques are too hard to give up aren’t they?

What have done to you Stryker. I'd like an apology for that nasty comment.

I haven't lived in Penrith for 14 years.

Yes I'm on a disability pension. I have R/A and Osteo Arthritis.

I was an early childhood teacher (BTCH early childhood, western sydney uni)and I worked for a council based early childhood centre until my illness made work too difficult.

I had to retire.

I didn't want to retire, but because my health was failing badly I had no choice.

Do I miss my working life. You betcha I do. I worked hard for my degree, and I'm very proud of my achievements.

In the last 12 months I've had to start using a walker to get around.

I'm currently waiting and hip replacement, and a thumb replacement in my right hand.

Thank you for being a general f**kwit and posting that comment.

Last edited:

MrBlack

Juniors
Trials are trials, sometimes they include a trophy (Charity Shield anyone??)

This game will be all but forgotten in 2 weeks if we can put a score on the Broncos.

I suspect we will and will resume normal programming from there.

The Clan

Juniors
Walmsley is good, but he’s not better than Fish or Leota. Arguably you could say he’d take Spencer’s spot, but Spencer brings a lot of aggression and line speed.

Welsby is not getting picked over any of our back 3.
Mackinson would struggle to make our reserve grade side. Not even being disrespectful, we are very strong in the outside backs.

I’ve watched Ruby for years, he’s a slow version of Kenny….

I’ve often said, its quite amazing how some people can watch a game for years and still know absolutely NOTHING about it

This Luke Bowden character is a prime example of it!

What have done to you Stryker. I'd like an apology for that nasty comment.

I haven't lived in Penrith for 14 years.

Yes I'm on a disability pension. I have R/A and Osteo Arthritis.

I was an early childhood teacher (BTCH early childhood, western sydney uni)and I worked for a council based early childhood centre until my illness made work too difficult.

I had to retire.

I didn't want to retire, but because my health was failing badly I had no choice.

Do I miss my working life. You betcha I do. I worked hard for my degree, and I'm very proud of my achievements.

In the last 12 months I've had to start using a walker to get around.

I'm currently waiting and hip replacement, and a thumb replacement in my right hand.

Thank you for being a general f**kwit and posting that comment.
And the earlier one about domestic violence. I escaped a domestic violence situation.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Let it go mate, you had your fun, good win for your boys, let’s move on.
Kilkenny might not agree but you newbies(post 1985 supporters) now know how it felt after we lost to Western Districts in the Amco Cup final. St Helen’s even had their own version of Tv Ted Ellery. Might be a good thing to lose this match, a reality check before the real comp starts could be helpful.