What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Kenny is a great defender but he’s attacking and passing game is below par
Luke is the opposite great in attack but can’t defend
Sommerton the hooker in NSW cup looks good
Maybe he should be given a chance
He seems to have good vision

I think the combination of Kenny and Luke will work. Last night just wasn't Penrith's night. Couldn't hold the ruck at any stage.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If it’s such dogshit, why did they take the current NRL premiers to school last night? Penrith have had months to prepare for this game. They were outclassed, out enthused and belted into submission by a team who played Rugby League the way it was intended to be played.
Penrith are not on the same level as St Helens which means the NRL in general needs to stop listening to dinosaurs like Phil Gould and evolve.

Taking an opposition to school implies that's it's a walk over. A one point golden point is NOT A WALKOVER. No matter how much you may wish it to be.

WestyLife

First Grade
I don't know if there is a good time.
Pre-season is a mad rush to squeeze it in before round 1, while teams are rusty. Someone has to travel.
End of season the players have had enough after the GF. Good luck finding them a week later ;) Can't hold it mid year either.

The team that won you the premiership should be playing for it IMO. Would have been good to have Api and Kiks in the side. Instead you players that weren't part of the premiership.

My thoughts exactly. No one's fault it's a bit of a logistical nightmare.

GongPanther

Referee
Your team won by one point.
They won by a knock on. But to be fair, Saints overall were the better side. Mistakes, ball security and mistiming in our passing slugged us, and that wasn't the Saints fault. That driving rain into our faces in the 1st half would have been annoying for the players.

All in all, if a team was ripe for the picking it was us, the stars aligned last night for the Saints.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
I thought Saints had some Kiwi players in their team or am i mistaken?
The weather is the same for both sides surely
Saints had the driving wind and rain behind them. That kind of rain stings the face and your sight is obstructed.

But like I mentioned earlier, the silver lining is a good hit out against quality opposition will have us in readiness for the game V Broncos.

GongPanther

Referee
You go in the main forum during the season. Doesn't matter what team loses. Us , Souths, Broncos, or the Roosters. Rival fans come out of the woodwork to pile on. That is social media. The more success you have, the more jealous they become.
Social anonymity brings out the worst in people.

I go all over the State usually wearing my Panthers hat. Meet a lot of people. Never get abused. A few friendly barbs, but never any hate.
:)

stryker

First Grade
If you think this place is full of whinges. Pop on over to the Kennel for a laugh. They have been carrying on for the past 14 hours :)
Worried that Crichton is Hoppa mark 2.
They should be worried. That guy is a dreadful fullback. Your mob need a better option if Edwards is unavailable.

Pjf04b

Juniors
St Helen’s won every aspect of that game. Score line flattered Penrith.
How do you figure that? They couldn’t score in the second half, and only looked like scoring once with a forward pass. They had two chances in the first half and took them. Penrith had a few chances including one disallowed in the first half but didn’t finish them.
St Helens slowed the ruck and the referee allowed them to. I don’t think either team was overly dominant in any area. St Helens played better and had a game plan to slow the game and it worked!
They deserved the win, but didn’t win every aspect of the game.

GongPanther

Referee
If you think this place is full of whinges. Pop on over to the Kennel for a laugh. They have been carrying on for the past 14 hours :)
Worried that Crichton is Hoppa mark 2.
Where is it? I couldn't find it in the Canterbury section.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
That one was a genuine trial. This one you prepared properly.
Why do you continue post here? Why does it matter… since you mentioned it, last year our preparation was actually better, as we didn’t have most of our top 30 unavailable.

This trial we had significantly less time to prepare. Hopefully it doesn’t effect our rnd 1 performance.

I really don’t know what you are chasing here, the win obviously means far more to you, than the loss does to me. So well done! 👍👍 go drink warm beer, eat pork pies and talk about how good it was with actual St Helen’s supporters…

Latest posts