What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WORLD CUP '08 Rnd 3: Ireland v Papua New Guinea

Amadean

Juniors
Thanks for the marking Mr.F sir,, and sincere apologies for my childish impatience ;) Good game Wolfies, particularly enjoyed Miccle's piece. Willow, brillo work covering like as you did, good captaincy indeed. Aussie-PNG final will be a corker!

Last edited:

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Amadean, it took me over an hour to mark (longer than it takes to write an article lol), so i didn't see your 'impatience' as i hadn't refreshed the page for a while haha, sorry bout the delay guys... its more i couldn't find the time to sit down and do it in one go (as i prefer to), until today.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks for the marking Mr F - you can only take as long as it takes. I heard on the grapevine that systems are already in the pipeline to look after the refs for any future quicky tournaments.

Btw, I agree completely with the lack of RL relevance in mine. Truth is, it was a thrown together just on the night when it became apparent Ribsy couldn't make it. Very happy with the mark it received.

Well played Ireland. Good reads all round. The best part was marking up against Black Kitty in the tactics tub. :) Good luck in the F7s WC.

Big congrats to the lads from PNG, Titanic and Amadean getting better with each passing week. Great work Amadean on an excellent POTM effort. :clap:

tits&tans

Juniors
Excellent work Kumuls .. we march valiantly on to a showdown with the Roos!

Great game to watch from the sidelines - had drama, suspense, action, shock, blood, the works.

Thanks to Ireland for making it a tough match.

Black Kitty

Juniors
Congrats PNG, a well won victory.
Good luck with the rest of the WC, will be watching (and cheering for) you from the sidelines.

Thanks for the marking Mr F. It would be a very hard job to undertake, your a brave man.

Comiserations to my guys/gals.
You all worked hard and I'm very proud of you.

miccle

Bench
Well done PNG - great articles all around throughout this world cup, and I eagerly await more great reads in the final. All the very best against Oz. :D

Mr F - thank you for a great job in reffing yet again. I've said it before, but IMO you have by far the hardest task when it comes to F7's, and I don't envy your position at all. Much appreciated!

To my Irish guys and girls, please no apologies and let's not get down in the dumps! We gave it a red hot go and I'm extremely proud to have been a part of it. C'mon - to the pub! A few pints of Kilkenny will cure the blues, who is up for getting smashed and watching the final?

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Thanks for the accolades guys, its been an absolute pleasure to officiate in this "quickie" Tourney which still meant alot to all involved.

Titanic

First Grade
Cheers 'hounds, Thanks For The Memories - Peengee's The Long March Continues.

Mrf... Cheers For Comments, I'd Better Change Profession... Lol.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Well if you're a writer or something and you feel somewhat irked by my comments, then just remember that it was directed towards F7s not journalism or novel writing or whatever it is that you may or may not do. Don't mean to sound defensive, but just responding to what i inferred from your comment.

Titanic

First Grade
not irked in the slightest MrF ... people have been telling me to stop pontificating for yonks ... postings are notoriously emotionless so any score over 80 should be cherished.

Amadean

Juniors
not irked in the slightest MrF ... people have been telling me to stop pontificating for yonks ... postings are notoriously emotionless so any score over 80 should be cherished.

Titanic mate, I hate to be a pedant but 'pontificating' comes from 'pontiff' meaning bridge. As a former English teacher, and now herder of English teachers, bridge-building should be a priority!

Here endeth the Obscure Words Lecture for today. Join us next Friday when I will spend 3 entire hours discussing the use of the verb 'to sieve' in 14th Century choral lyrics.

Jesbass

First Grade
Actually, I was of the opinion that only the Pope, a bishop, or a high priest could pontificate...

Amadean

Juniors
Actually, I was of the opinion that only the Pope, a bishop, or a high priest could pontificate...

The Pope's official title is Pontiff Maximus: the great bridge. According to St. Peter, who established the office, the Pope's word on earth stems directly from God's word in heaven ("as you hold true on earth, so shall be held true in heaven"). Basically, el Pope is the bridge between man and his maker.

Presumably this means he channels advice from long-dead Australopithecines, but you'd be best off asking him.

Jesbass

First Grade
The Pope's official title is Pontiff Maximus: the great bridge. According to St. Peter, who established the office, the Pope's word on earth stems directly from God's word in heaven ("as you hold true on earth, so shall be held true in heaven"). Basically, el Pope is the bridge between man and his maker.

Presumably this means he channels advice from long-dead Australopithecines, but you'd be best off asking him.

And to think I was at the Vatican just a couple of months ago - I missed the opportunity! :(

Titanic

First Grade
Of course, in colloquial context to pontificate infers lording it over others which is what I am regularly, and often correctly, accused of doing... stiff cheese (as they say).

Meanwhile, back on topic, my point to MrF being that I am not in the least put off by his appraisal of my article, in fact I will strive ever onwards and upwards, motivated by his constructive critique and the harsh marking of my Titan-esque team mates.

Now I am nursing a hangover of monstrous proportions induced by a collective of fifty-two international school principals who ganged up on me (the sods), even though I was their host, in a farewell banquet after a weeks progressive conference that started in Shanghai, moved on to Yangzhou and ended in Beijing.

I turn for home on China Eastern flight MU2822, wind at my back, ready to do battle with those giaman mastas... hul u!